App and/or software for music pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• App and/or software for music pads

Was hoping on some input on software or ipad apps to make backing synth/rhythm patterns for worship songs.

We are a small church and I need options for when the drummer/piano player doesn't show

I'll give a high recommendation to Loopy HD (moderate budget) and Cubasis (high budget). Both are reliable playback vehicles, both with allow you to record directly into the app (with an appropriate interface [e.g., iRig] and both are Audiobus compatible. There are all types of Audiobus-compatible virtual iOS instruments and effects that can be recorded directly into either Loopy or Cubasis. Audiocopy fills in the few gaps remaining from the growing list of Audiobus instruments and effects.

http://audiob.us/

Be blessed!
    "Rock On" (Matt 7:24-25)

Dave Brown
    facebook.com/7.Funk.7.Master.7
    twitter.com/funkmaster777

Comment

We have a app for playback called WorshipSong Band that lets you stage up multitracks, chord charts, and lyric display. It does free flow playback so you can loop or jump around as you like and it does pitch shifting with chord transposition, as well as click tracks. It's more of an integrated solution. It's an open format so you can add your own tracks, and it's free. It runs on IPad, Mac, or PC. Check out www.worshipsong.com/band or just grab from the App Store on your Ipad.

Comment

That looks cool....but..5-10 bucks per song?

Do you create your own?

Comment

I assume you can make your own stems (tracks) in Ableton or Logic, etc., and export them into WorshipSong, or are you limited to only buying songs from the site?
          Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
          blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
          www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
          www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Comment

Originally posted by fmckinnon View Post
            I assume you can make your own stems (tracks) in Ableton or Logic, etc., and export them into WorshipSong, or are you limited to only buying songs from the site?
            Its an open format, based on just zipping up your stems with a text file the describes to the app how they are laid out, song timings, chord chart, etc.

Its all described here: http://www.worshipsong.com/band/features And I made some videos as well. We have several users doing this all themselves with tracks from all different sources, including their own. We will also be using a forum on WorshipSong to share the text files to help people quickly source the songs they need from each other.

Mark

Comment

Digital Music Pad is a versatile application intended to manage audio. As this application allows two working modes, sometimes you may use it as a mixer player and others as an audio converter. It supports practically every existing audio format and some video formats as well.............
              http://checkerplagiarism.com |

Comment

Probably the easiest way to do this is with an application called "Band In A Box" available at http://www.pgmusic.com/. Basically you select a "style" of song from it's HUGE list of styles and specify the tempo/time signature and what chords are played in what measure and it will generate the drums, guitar, keyboards, bass...etc. Once you're happy with your song, you can mute the instruments you don't want and output it as MIDI or audio. The downside to this software is it's arcane user interface. It looks like something a 7th grader would design. It might take a little while to get comfortable with it, but it could easily do whatever you'd want in terms of backing tracks. And you can take it as far as you want.

I've personally used this to create the basic "skeleton" I need for a song in my home recording studio. I output the MIDI from Band In A Box and import it into my recording studio software which is Sonar. From there I can tweak it with all sorts of advanced tools and mix it to sound like real instruments, and then output it as a pure audio file. Again, it really depends on your needs and how far you need to go.
                The Posse Band live performance tracks can be heard by CLICKING HERE

Comment

yeah also cool thanks for sharing

Comment

Audiocopy fills in the few gaps remaining from the growing list of Audiobus instruments and effects.

Comment

Working...
                    X