!-- Beacon Ads Ad Code -->

Sponsor Ad:

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else have this problem with their church?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your kids must be better behaved than mine! With a three year old and three month old it doesn't matter what time we plan to leave, we always seem to end up late (last minute breast feeding, nappy changing, falling out the front door and banging your head....)

Comment

Originally posted by simon View Post
      Your kids must be better behaved than mine! With a three year old and three month old it doesn't matter what time we plan to leave, we always seem to end up late (last minute breast feeding, nappy changing, falling out the front door and banging your head....)
      I didn't say it never happens to me, I simply said I don't accept it as a valid reason. If we REALLY wanted to get there on time, we'd get there on time. My preteen daughter and I would be never be late left to our own devices. My wife and sons (9 and 6) are a different story.

Comment

Hey Steve, I thought my church was the only one like that! Popcorn section! ahhahahahah yep! know that one! My daughter is one! up down then lying across the pew then on the floor OMG! I cannot relax and worship when she is in there with me. BUT!!!! I want her there! She would rather be outside on the swingset jungle gym but what kinda dad would I be if I let her get away with that every Sunday!!!!??? As a music leader I encourage her to be there. ON TIME TOO!
        Call me late but never late to dinner! or communion right?
        lol
        I didn't mean to be inaccurate, but I wasn't trying to be precise.

Comment

I'd like to share that for 5 weeks now we've been doing an early song... It starts at 10:26 (service start at 10:30)... I can joyfully report that, almost everyone is now arriving on time, or early... As opposed to 60-70 % of people arrive at 10:35... And I will say its NOT a "me generation" thing.. Because our late comers were mostly boomers..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations!

Glad to hear you've had a breakthrough!

Over time, you may find that you may have to employ different strategies to address this problem. Having come up with a creative solution gives a clear message to the congregants that the 'tardiness' issue warranted enough thought to do something new.

Future decisions and creativity to bring about positive changes will undoubtedly be necessary to once again reinforce your decision to be a punctual congregation.

But for now, enjoy the fruits of your victory!
            www.lowellhohstadt.com

Comment

Working...
            X