FUN songs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FUN songs!

What have you guys been playing at church that has been just a total blast?

Today we did Hank Williams' "I Saw the Light" in true twostep form...flat out the most fun I've had on an acoustic.

We've been doing 'undivided' by CCC Oxford Falls. Great song with cool lead guitar parts and a massive analog synth sound. Went off last night.
    Please check out my Christmas Blog at www.12daysofjesus.blogspot.co.nz

Comment

For fun songs we get the banjo out and do some of those classics like, Victory in Jesus, I'll fly away or I saw the light. It's a blast and the people really enjoy them as well.
      Glenn

Comment

Every once in a while we'll dog out "Can You Believe?" and "Look What the Lord Has Done." We always do them as a medley.

Last year's big "fun" song was "Freedom" by Eddie James.

Comment

we do a medley of I Saw The Light-Are You Washed In The Blood-I'll Fly Away. Key of G using G C D eminor. because its easy to pick the riffs in that key.
          crowd love to sing along.
          I didn't mean to be inaccurate, but I wasn't trying to be precise.

Comment

One that a gospel blues band I play in played "We Will Ride"- if you find it on YouTube, it's this slow dirge of a tune, but we sped it up, threw some funk and blues at it, and it's a blast.

We do "My God Is Real" in a cool gospel style and it's a lot of fun.

We like to do "Soul Shine" by the Allman Bros. as well. It gets that old southern rock/blues going real well.

That's one cool thing about the old gospel songs- they can be a blast to play and easy to sing.
            If we want to go places we haven't been, we will have to do things we haven't done.

Comment

"We like to do "Soul Shine" by the Allman Bros. as well. It gets that old southern rock/blues going real well."
              I like your choice! I can see myself jamming that guitar on a Sunday Morning.
              I didn't mean to be inaccurate, but I wasn't trying to be precise.

Comment

Since the old, Southern Gospel songs seem to resound so well with so many people, why do we only bring them out occasionally, and why do we insist on using shallow, disposable songs that people hardly get to know before we replace them with another disposable song?

I'm not opposed to contemporary music; I love it and sing it; this just seems like a question that needs asking.
                Tom

Comment

We're pulling out Patsy Cline's "Just a closer walk with Thee". Our church loves the bluegrass tunes too.
                  Have my spoons and washboard ready

Comment

Working...
                  X