iPad in Worship Setting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPad in Worship Setting

With the iPad becoming so popular, I know a lot of worship leaders are using them in their worship settings... So I'm wondering what apps you are using and how you use them in your worship context.. I guess the iPhone and iPod touch can apply here too.

Currently I'm using onsong for my sheet music.. Along with the pageflip bluetooth pedal for turning pages... The app is becoming better every update, and the latest update which should be out very soon, will have ccli songselect built in as a option for retrieving songs. With the latest creation from songselect being the mobile version, you can technically already use it with onsong, but not quite the same way the developer plans on incorporating it. I wa actually given 10 free iTunes codes for onsong from the developer, and will be posting them to chrisburke.ca once the latest update comes out.. As I'll be doing a video review of the app.. So stay tuned for that...

I also use planning centre online for organizing our services... I'm too cheap to get their music stand app/subscription, especially when there are so many apps out there that do music stand stuff really well... I guessing that ccli will son be creating a service order app or implementation in their mobile web app.

Right now that is really all I'm using in the actual worship context, I mean obviously I have the bible on there.. Bt I'm looking for other things that might not be so obvious.

So.. Whist are you using, and how do you use it?

I don't have an ipad yet, but it is definitely at the top of my prioirity list when I get my current obligations knocked out. I'm planning on using a music display app as well, probably music reader. I have looked at onsong, as a friend uses that and suggested it and I don't think it will meet my needs as well as the other. But, I will also put my mp3 backing tracks for worship and atach them to the song files so that I can jsut touch the play button and the music plays for the song that's on screen. Eliminate my binder in front of me and the laptop to one side into one ipad, clean up my set up and streamline things.

Jeff

Comment

Surely there are more iPad using worship leaders?

Comment

Our former WL used an Ipod to add drums, guitar, etc to the solo guitar he played, since we had no band. Side note: Since we are still a fairly traditional church, he is the former WL. LOL

Our current pastor uses an Ipad during Sunday night and Wed. services to help illustrate his points.

I'm sure that technology will find a greater and greater place in our church culture as apps are created for use in a worship setting, and as our culture moves further into non-verbal communication.
        Tom

Comment

Chris, I'm currently in a situation that is close to yours. Onsong has replaced my charts for rehearsing, but I don't actively use it during the service. I have it on a side stool for back-up if needed because I prefer not to be reading from a chart while worshipping.
          Eddy
          eddymann.com
          eddymann.blogspot.com

Comment

I love using my iPad. It's definitely been nicer than having a binder filled with paper. When I first started using it, I was converting all my charts to PDF and using Stanza to import everything in. It was a pain though whenever we decided to switch the order last minute. Currently I'm using OnSong after a friend suggested it. I'm loving it so far. It's taken some time to convert my charts to the format it uses. Haven't moved to using a pedal to flip pages yet, but thinking about it. So far it's been great.

Comment

Originally posted by Korg4god View Post
              I have looked at onsong, as a friend uses that and suggested it and I don't think it will meet my needs as well as the other.
              I gotta be honest, I'm pretty shocked that onsong doesn't meet your needs.. Unless your a piano player? As a guitarist, it more than meets my needs, especially with the upcoming ccli integration

Originally posted by eddymann View Post
              Chris, I'm currently in a situation that is close to yours. Onsong has replaced my charts for rehearsing, but I don't actively use it during the service. I have it on a side stool for back-up if needed because I prefer not to be reading from a chart while worshipping.
              I hope I didn't give the impression I'm not using mine Sunday's.. That wasn't my intent.. I use it every Sunday.. Have been for about a month now,, I love it... I just slap the iPad on my music stand, connect my Bluetooth page flip pedal, and I'm good to go..

Originally posted by ryanrotman View Post
              Haven't moved to using a pedal to flip pages yet, but thinking about it. So far it's been great.
              it's great.. There are so many different ones out there.. I use the page flip.. Which is the cheapest bluetooth one I've found.. And it works great.. I do like the airturn pedals that use the Boss fsu pedals, but they are like twice the price of the page flip..
              Last edited by chrisburke; 09-15-2011, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Our worship leader has recently started using Onsong on his iPad. He loves it.
                ((Matt))
                Drummer & Technical Director - Carolina Bays Church - Little River, SC
                Owner - G.A.S. Powered Productions
                "When you are down to nothing, God is up to something"

Comment

I've been using SampleTank iOS & iRig Midi as a sound module with the churches midi keyboard. First time using it live and it was awesome! Super simple, light and sounded killer!

Comment

From time to time I'm going to bump this, hoping more people have new insights

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Im interested in seeing the trend. I WANT to jump on stuff like this, but as I do with reading I expect I'll end up sticking with paper anyways!
                      Lov'n Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by steensn View Post
                        Im interested in seeing the trend. I WANT to jump on stuff like this, but as I do with reading I expect I'll end up sticking with paper anyways!
                        Moving to the iPad has been such an awesome move for me.. For music.. And reading!

Comment

I failed the kindle transition... but I do love our ipad. I just think if I go through all the hassle getting my stuff into OnSong I know I will end up dragging my binder(s) out sooner or later.
                          Last edited by steensn; 10-28-2011, 03:41 PM.
                          Lov'n Jesus

Comment

This looks cool:

http://vimeo.com/26598724
                            Lov'n Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by steensn View Post
                              This looks cool:

http://vimeo.com/26598724
                              That's exactly what I do, except our monitors sit on the stage instead of on a stand and I control it with a bluetooth pedal http://chrisburke.ca/2011/10/17/onsong/

Comment

Working...
                              X