!-- Beacon Ads Ad Code -->

Sponsor Ad:

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Are the Best Places to Promote Original Worship Songs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Are the Best Places to Promote Original Worship Songs?

Hello!

For those of us who have written worship songs, what are your favorite places to promote such songs?

For example, some here might have uploaded an MP3 onto SoundCloud. Is this still viable, considering that the site is under considerable financial pressure?

Some have uploaded a simple lyric video on YouTube. What do you do to ensure that it is a high ranking song?

Some have their own album, and have uploaded it to Spotify or some other streaming service. Has this worked out for your bottom line?

How about music notation? Publishing companies? CCLI ?

Is there a website that collects original songs, and has you fill out a questionaire so lurkers can sort by Scripture, theme, key, etc.,?

Let's talk practicals!
    Nick Alexander
    Host, The Prayer Meeting Podcast
    Worship that is Contemporary, Traditional, Charismatic, Contemplative, Spontaneous, based on the Church calendar, play it whenever you want.
    Find out what Nick Alexander can do for your conference, retreat or workshop.

Hi Nick - great thread!

I can only share from my personal experience of promoting my songs, so feel free to take it or leave it. :-)

I have uploaded my mp3s onto SoundCloud, but I tend to get more interest on YouTube where I upload lyric videos for each song. I promote these songs via social media (facebook and twitter) and otherwise through my church and personal networks. But I am only relatively new to social media, so the uptake is not huge yet.

I have not yet produced an album. I did contact CCLi at one point, but they are not interested in you until your songs are being sung in 4 or more churches. So that may, or may not, ever happen!

I don't know of any single-source website that lets you search all songs by theme etc., but if you find one, let me know!

If you want to see what I've done so far, check out my YouTube channel: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC5Bl89PMrlf-HZOrTWKJ-Wg. NOTE: my songs are more like items and not very congregational in their style!

Hope you get some more responses Nick; I think this could be an interesting discussion.

All the best,
    Steffie.

Comment

Social media (YouTube, etc.) seems to be the most active. The ranking factors really depend on how much you can promote it on other platforms and get views/likes. Success depends largely on the amount of followers and subscribers that share it or YT's algorithms that land it on a 'you might like this' list.

I don't know of a knowledge base of songs that one can search off keywords, tags, etc. Would be interesting to see if there is one.
      If we want to go places we haven't been, we will have to do things we haven't done.

Comment

Working...
      X