No announcement yet.

New Song: Do Not Be Afraid (Deut. 31:8)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Song: Do Not Be Afraid (Deut. 31:8)

I was poking around Facebook the other day and saw this passage posted on my friend's timeline. Unfortunately, I like I do with most Scriptures when I'm busy with other things, I kind of just read it and moved on. I found myself however, later at night this weekend coming back to it and pondering on it more. I wrote this song over the weekend as a reflective / meditative interpretation of the passage.

I'm currently going through somewhat of an unknown transition in my career right now and admittedly have a lot of fear and worry going on. This passage definitely spoke volumes to my spirit.

SOUNDCLOUD LINK:
    https://soundcloud.com/pian0dude/do-...id-deut-31-8-1

Do Not Be Afraid (Deut. 31:8) [feat. E. Rossi]
    2012 Brian Rossi

Chorus:
    Do not be afraid or discouraged
    For the Lord Your God
    Goes before You
    He will be with you

He will never leave
    Or forsake You
    For the Lord Your God
    Goes before You
    He will be with you

Cast all your cares
    On the King of Kings
    For the Lord Your God
    Goes before You
    He Will be with You

Pre-Bridge:
    He will never leave
    Or forsake You
    He will never leave
    Or forsake You

Bridge:
    No matter the doubt
    No matter the fear
    He is the King
    He's always near

No matter the pain
    Or cross you will bear
    Jesus will Reign
    He's always there

Well done, Brian! Love hearing Ethan's voice in there. I'm such a sucker for hearing children speaking scripture. Beautiful lyrics and melody!! Thanks for sharing. Blessings!!!!
    Melanie Siewert, Christ's Servant
    BLOG: http://www.worshipvanguard.blogspot.com

Comment

Melanie,

Thank you for the feedback. I too am a sucker for hearing kids speak the Bible. Glad you enjoyed it! God Bless you and Happy New Year!

Comment

Great song, Brian. A very simple, but profound thought that is very relevant to the mess our world finds itself in. Thanks for letting God speak to you, so He can speak to us through this song.
        Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom! So true bro, so true... often times in songwriting I've fallen in to the trap of trying to craft or write lyrics in some hip, relevant or contemporary way as well as the structure of a song. Often it's just as meaningful or powerful to more or less just sing the Bible. ;-)

Comment

Brian, I can see singing this in a spontaneous time in worship. I appreciate the simplicity, yet the freeness, in the song. Hearing this challenges me to be more congregation-minded in my writing. As in, this song is good for congregation! :-)

Comment

Working...
            X