New Song: My Joyful Heart Will Sing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Song: My Joyful Heart Will Sing

So the Lord blessed me with a new song this past Saturday as we have been going through a bone tumor diagnosis issue with our only child. (7 year old son). My wife's heart has been severely bruised this time as she has grown sick and tired of being dealt low blows all the time. For those that aren't aware, my wife has had Multiple Sclerosis for many years now. Our son, when he was 6 months old was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. He received a bone marrow transplant when he was 1 year old. Thankfully and all glory to God, he's still with us and healthy all things considered. His bone tumor ended up being a benign "osteochondroma" and at this point, is fine as is.

I typically struggle with the emotional issues with this stuff, doubting God's love, presence, etc. My wife is usually the one who encourages me and has the optimistic view of things. However, this time God has my wife and I completely reversed. This song kind of encapsulates my wife's hurt and pain and my realization / encouragement to her that even in the difficult times, we NEED to and MUST still praise God. He is still great, magnified and on the throne!

http://soundcloud.com/pian0dude/orig...eart-will-sing

My Joyful Heart Will Sing
    Words/Music
    2012 Brian Rossi

Verse 1:
    Broken Hearted
    Life's frustrated
    Hopes and dreams, are gone

Tears have fallen
    Cries have echoed
    Fears and doubts consume

Verse 2:
    Sorrow spoken
    Songs to Heaven
    Lord You hear my cry
    Loving Father
    Mercies promised
    Grace that satisfies

PRE-CHORUS / BRIDGE:
    Still my soul will
    Boast in God who
    Fills my heart with joy (2x)

CHORUS:
    Praise to God
    Exalt His Name
    Magnify the King

Who hears my cry
    Who heals my soul
    My broken heart will sing

Last Line: My JOYFUL heart will sing!

Brian, this song is a beautiful, heart-felt cry to God that is very reminiscent of many of the Psalms, where the psalmist complained bitterly to God about his situation, then turned his heart to praise of the Almighty Who knows our sorrows and heals our brokenness.

It is so encouraging to see your family trust in God and offer sweet praise to Him, even when you are caught up in the storms of life. Someday, you will look back at these trials and see the hand of God at work to accomplish in you what He has planned.

Love to you, my friend and brother.
    Tom

Comment

Tom, thanks brother! I do often feel like how I view David in the Psalms.

Originally posted by Wannabe a Worshiper View Post
      Brian, this song is a beautiful, heart-felt cry to God that is very reminiscent of many of the Psalms, where the psalmist complained bitterly to God about his situation, then turned his heart to praise of the Almighty Who knows our sorrows and heals our brokenness.

It is so encouraging to see your family trust in God and offer sweet praise to Him, even when you are caught up in the storms of life. Someday, you will look back at these trials and see the hand of God at work to accomplish in you what He has planned.

Love to you, my friend and brother.
      Tom

Comment

I really love this song....you have said it well how God is always there for you no matter what the circumstances.....You play it beautifully.....

Comment

Working...
        X