Feedback and collaboration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback and collaboration

I'm wrapping this drawing up this week. So far the self-proclaimed non-believers at Kompoz have offered me the most feedback and they didn't want to participate in my drawing! I admit it's a strange attempt to get feedback, but the donation I'm offering would be donated regardless. This is just a way to involve someone else in the decision as to where it goes.

http://bnwworship.wordpress.com/2011/10/08/looking-for-feedback-on-original-worship-songs/

Also, I'd love to collaborate on some songs from the starting point rather than by trying to just get musical contributions once the song is written. I have a few really rough outlines for lyrics and if anyone is interested in fleshing things like that out or in developing some melodies I'd be glad to give it a try.

Sadly, the songwriting and collaborating movement on TWC has pretty much dried up. No blame, just different seasons in the participants lives.
    Maybe soon another group of writers and collaborators will emerge here. I for one miss it
    Tom

Comment

We've had a good run for almost two years with song collaborations. Each month was getting less and less participation, so we had to sit back and reevaluate what we're doing. To date, there are roughly 100 songs that still need polishing. Everyone wants to work on his/her own songs, so it kind of pulls against the collaborative effort at times. Let's keep seeking the Lord on what he would like to do with this. Collaboration can be very powerful. I miss it, too, Tom!!
      Melanie Siewert, Christ's Servant
      BLOG: http://www.worshipvanguard.blogspot.com

Comment

How very cool! I didn't know that song collaborations went on here ... how does it usually work exactly? I am such a Newbie, I'm still trying to find my way around this place! lol Again thanks to anyone who can answer my question --- I love songwriting, even though I've never written a song with someone else ...

Comment

Originally posted by His_Gurl View Post
          How very cool! I didn't know that song collaborations went on here ... how does it usually work exactly? I am such a Newbie, I'm still trying to find my way around this place! lol Again thanks to anyone who can answer my question --- I love songwriting, even though I've never written a song with someone else ...
          There is a section of the Worship Arts and Songwriting forum called "Song Center- Share Originals, Collaborate." There have been well over 100 new songs submitted on that forum, and there has been collaboration between members on many of them.

I generally just post words, and many of my lyrics have been set to music by other members. Many songs have had changes made in them by suggestion of others; new verses offered, revision of melody lines, etc.

And there is the link to Kompoz, where many songs have been put, and some have gone from simple guitar songs to full-blown band songs, all done by collaboration.

Right now we are in a lull, few songs are being posted, and collaboration has dried up. Hopefully some of the new members, like you, will bring some new life to our songwriting mission.
          Tom

Comment

Just want to let everyone know that even though there isn't much action here on the forums regarding the Songwriting Challenges and Collaboration lately, there HAS BEEN a lot of thought, prayer, and exploration going on behind the scenes!

I'm looking forward to beginning the songwriting challenges again in 2012 and definitely praying about how best to facilitate our songwriter's group here on TWC.

You are not forgotten!
            Associate Director of Worship & Media at St. Simons Community Church .He is also the content curator and editor here at The Worship Community.

Comment

I'd love to get involved again soon. After being part of the TWC community at launch, I pulled back because of how busy things got at Sojourn (becoming a multi-site campus, growing like crazy, releasing several of our own worship albums, etc). Hopefully more and more new people will come, and us old-timers can cycle back in from time to time. If only I didn't have to sleep! Or, if I could exist on 2 hours a night. That would be great!

Comment

I wouldn't mind being involved in a song writing challenge...It might bring some much needed motivation to get writing more regularly

Comment

Working...
                X