!-- Beacon Ads Ad Code -->

Sponsor Ad:

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My traditional is older than your traditional!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yod1948
    started a topic My traditional is older than your traditional!

My traditional is older than your traditional!

How is that for a provactive title, eh?

I did the most insane thing last week....I recorded, mixed, mastered, and RELEASED a new CD

Didn't even know I would be doing an album until 2 days before we went into the studio. I hired musicians and a studio on Sunday Oct 30th

Went in on a Monday and 7 1/2 hours later we had recorded 10 new songs. Added a clarinet and added a background vocal to 4 songs on Tuesday, mixed and mastered on Wednesday and dropped it off at the manufacturer on Thursday before leaving town. It was available (for digital downloads) on my website and I was performing with the tracks on Friday.

My last CD was very much a "classic rock" approach so I wanted to do something more traditional on this project, so my friends and fans would have new praise & worship music they could use in their own congregations.

There are worship songs on this project that will go nicely in any church, but my genre is "messianic" praise which draws on ancient hebraic forms, so this particular song about rejoicing in the Sabbath has a 1930s klesmer feel, and is destined to be a standard in messianic/hebraic congregations.

http://vimeo.com/31707232

• yod1948
    replied
    Haven't put the complete versions of the new tunes up but here are some of my "older" songs that might work for you.

http://tedpearce.com/iframe-2/index.html

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What is your website? I would be interested in hearing your newest album. I am not a "messianic" leader nor do I attend a "messianic" church, but I do a fair bit of messianic worship in our sets as I am a messianic Jew in the midst of a gentile world. I clicked the video link and I enjoied what I was hearing, cant wait to hear more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X