Angels We Have Heard (Gloria) w/Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angels We Have Heard (Gloria) w/Audio

Hey guys, thanks to Fred's posting of his mash-up of the Doxology and Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, I figured I'd jump on board and share our version of Mercy Me's version of Gloria (Angels We Have Heard).

Summary: We used the skeleton of the Mercy Me arrangement for the verses and chorus, but wrote in our own bridge and ending.

Audio & Details of Arrangement Here

I know of a handful of churches that have done Gloria this year, how many of you here on TWC are rocking it?
    Associate Director of Worship & Media at St. Simons Community Church .He is also the content curator and editor here at The Worship Community.

We've been using this song for the past few years, as well as several others from that same album.

Nate
    Practical Worship

Please Pray For My Wife

Comment

We're doing it this coming Sunday, for the first time. We're using the Sixpence None The Richer arrangement.

Comment

Funky Angels

This year I approached "Angels We Have..." differently. I was in my office with my guitar thinking..."what if John Mayer sang this song..."

So I started changing chords around and gave it an upbeat hip-hop type half time. It actually sounded very very cool--I do the same thing with "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" --only that has a sort of "Claptonesque" feel.

People really dig them--cause they're a completely different feel, but totally singable.

Let me know if you want charts...

trent

Comment

Working...
        X