Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Setlists - November 12, 2018

Hey everyone,

We're a day late posting this due to traveling for the Veterans Day holiday. Please post your setlists and service details for Sunday, November 12th below.
    And BTW - we realize that not everyone has their services on "Sunday" - so let's just say it's for the "week ending Sunday November 12th"...
    Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
    blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
    www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
    www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

I Will Be Undignified - Rend Collective
    Establish the Work of Our Hands - Porter's Gate Project
    Little Things with Great Love - Porter's Gate Project
    Cain's Song - An Original

Comment

cahartman thanks for jumping in. I don't recognize ANY of those songs - so gonna go look them up right now!
      Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
      blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
      www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
      www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Comment

We were eclectic. The sermon was on why be thankful for the church, so that got reflected, especially in the last two songs. The minister called out our diversity in worship styles as a specific item to be thankful for, so I'm glad the song set reflected that!

So here's our list:
        Come, Christians Join to Sing (hymncharts arrangement)
        Forever (Tomlin)
        Great Is Thy Faithfulness - Beginning to End (One Sonic Society??)
        I Love Thy Kingdom, Lord (traditional hymn in a traditional style)
        The Family of God (Gaither)

Comment

Our setlist for Saturday 11/10/18: The Way, No Longer Slaves, Because He Lives (Amen), East to West, Great Are You Lord, Death Was Arrested, Your Grace Is Enough, My Feet Are On The Rock. Setlist for Sunday 11/11/18: Here I Am To Worship, Even If, Mighty to Save, Not For A Moment, Build Your Kingdom Here, Generous King, World Turned Upside Down, There Is Power In the Blood

Comment

• GSV36Tony
            GSV36Tony commented
            Editing a comment
            These two setlists were quite challenging for me as I am a newbie to CCM...just over two years. If anyone has any tips.....in home practice, rehearsal, or performance please share as I would like to hear what works for you and your group. In particular, I am looking for any tips on making my bass lines more interesting yet tasteful. Any special effect(s) that you use to add a certain vibe, a particular rhythm pattern to use, use of octave riffs or low riffs..etc. would be great. I just want to improve what I do for my praise teams.

If you have any questions about the setlists given, please ask. Worship team leaders/music directors really gave me a workout last week! Since the teams rely on Praise Charts (unless given standard notation sheet music), I am forced to create my own bass lines which is quite challenging in terms of creative restraint. Sure, I could be all over the fretboard, but this is worship music where the idea is to convey a message to the audience. So, when it comes to hammer-ons, slides, double stops, pull offs, slap pop, trills, etc. I have to place limits on what I do and be tasteful about my choices. There are occasions when the music director will ask me to add a riff or change the rhythm ie. quarter notes to eighth notes for a gradual build up or a gradual "crescendo". I have also learned the value of silence or bass "tacit" where the group is in acapella mode. Other aspects of dynamics I am still learning. I have included some pics to give folks an idea of what I am doing. I would love to see what other bass players do...bass rigs, bass, etc. and how they go about getting ready for playing before the congregation. I am rather new at this...about two years and my approach is to be prepared for anything: in-house PA, no in-house PA, Bass amp, no bass amp, DI box, no DI box, XLR cable, no XLR cable, and so forth. Most worship music environments are just plug and play with no hassle of a bass rig setup for which I am thankful. Share what you know about what works for you as I am always looking for ways to improve.
          Last edited by GSV36Tony; 11-14-2018, 09:13 AM.

Comment

I ended up doing a solo acoustic set... everybody else on the team was out of town! Still went great, though.

(I Sing Because) You Are Good
            Lord I Need You
            Break Every Chain
            Waiting Here for You

Comment

Working...
            X