November 4, 2018 - Sunday Setlists

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 4, 2018 - Sunday Setlists

Hello Worship Leaders and Praise Team Members!

It's time to share your weekly "Sunday Setlists" recap - let us know what songs you used in your worship services this week. Any special features or creative elements? Do share - let this be a place we can sharpen one another.

For the Kingdom,
    Fred McKinnon, Founder
    TheWorshipCommunity.Com
    Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
    blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
    www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
    www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

As you will see our "Sunday setlist" goes back and forth from contemporary to good ole foot stomping southern Gospel...back to contemporary. I know that may seem strange to some, but here in the south and at our church, we have a group folks that really like the contemporary, and then we have a group of folks that like Southern Gospel. And thankfully, God has helped me to mingle the two, and it works out wonderfully. Thankfully, both groups have come together and worships beautifully during both styles...Thank God! I am so honored and humbled to be able to work with both groups.God is so good!

We started out with Holy Spirit (Jesus Culture)
    Ready or Not.(the Paynes)
    Shout with a voice of Triumph ( Martha Munizzi)
    Through it all (Andrea Crouch)

Last edited by Dean-01; 11-05-2018, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Oh man, I love some Martha Munizii!
      Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
      blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
      www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
      www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Comment

Our selections were:

All Hail the Power of Jesus Name (we used an arrangement from Don Chapman's Hymncharts website)
        Our God (Tomlin)
        This Is Amazing Grace (Wickham)
        When I Survey the Wondrous Cross (another Chapman arrangement, but I changed some of his key changes -- you can do that easily when he gives you a Finale file!)

Comment

This past Sunday, we did some new songs, but they went well.
          We normally only run synth pads in the background to fill out the sound and help with transitions, very rarely do we use actual backing tracks. I normally play electric guitar, sing, and run pads/tracks.

Opening song: "Freedom" by Bethel Live. Pretty catchy tune... I did some slide guitar licks like in the video.
          Main set:
          "Halls of Heaven" by Jesus Culture - we actually ran this one with a backing track and click, for the cool synth parts. Got to use some tremolo on guitar.
          The next three songs we did all in the same key, and just flowed between them. Worked really well.
          "Extravagant" by Gretzinger and Cook. Has an awesome double-time drum feel for the breaks.
          "Yes & Amen" by Housefires/Bethel.
          "Defender" by Bethel.

As you can see, our worship leader really likes Bethel... but every now and then we'll throw in something old school.

Comment

Christine from CT here! Our set list this past Sunday was:

-Joy never ending by David and Nicole Bunin ft BJ Putnam
            -Wide as the Sky- By Matt Redman
            -All Hail King Jesus- By Jeremy Riddle

Comment

Working...
            X