X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 29, 2018 - Sunday Setlists

Sunday Setlists:

Hey everyone, take a moment and share a recap of your worship services yesterday!

What songs did you sing?
    Was there anything special or memorable that you'd like to share?

Go for it!
    #sundaysetlists

Please share this post on social media and invite other worship leaders to post!

Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
    blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
    www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
    www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

I'll go first ... yesterday I was a guest leader for a friend who had to leave town suddenly for a family member's funeral. I had 24-hour notice and didn't really want to lead the service on my own so I asked a fantastic vocalist to help me ... MY 14-YEAR OLD DAUGHTER, Rebekah.

She jumped right in and said yes so it was super special to lead a worship service with my daughter. She carried the vocal lead and I played and sang some harmony. It was well-received.

Our songs:
    Build My Life
    Good, Good Father
    King of My Heart

we closed with an old mashup of How Great is our God and the chorus of How Great Thou Art.

Comment

Led at my "new" home church in Jackson, MS - Fondren Church - as we rolled out our new building remodeling campaign, & cast vision for the next year to come. It was an INCREDIBLE Sunday morning, as I had my A-Team at every post.

"Your Love Awakens Me" - Phil Wickam
      "Your Grace is Enough" - Matt Maher, but used Tomlin arr. (oldie but goodie - I haven't led this in YEARS!)
      "Because He Lives (Amen)" - Matt Maher / Medlied with "Because He Lives" - Gaithers
      "Do it Again" - Elevation Worship

Comment

ShannonTWC that sounds like an awesome service. I'll never get tired of "Your Grace is Enough" - remembering us doing it together at Worship Under the Stars many moons ago! And man, I love that Maher version of Because He Lives. I like to just do the piano part and not worry about singing or leading - the piano part is BOSS. And what an incredible way to tie in the older generations and honor amazing, rich heritage and music by tagging it w/ the Gaither's chorus - I bet they were singing LOUD there.

"Do It Again" is one I haven't had a chance to lead yet, but has been on my go-to list! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

We do "the blend" and had an old-school week, even for us. So it was:

Blessed Be the Name (hymn)
          Blessed Be Your Name (Redman)
          Hallelujah (Your Love Is Amazing)
          Jesus Loves Me

We still have a choir that sings about once a month. They did an arrangement of "Let Us Adore" (Hillsong) and were awesome.

Comment

Working...
          X