!-- Beacon Ads Ad Code -->

Sponsor Ad:

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Christmas Special Ideas I could use with a Mass Choir?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Christmas Special Ideas I could use with a Mass Choir?

I need a great Christmas special that I could use with our Mass Choir (a three times a year occurrence with tons of people on our stage). Anyone have solid suggestions....

We have done some City on a Hill Stuff, etc. Band can play anything as long as its not heavily orchestrated as I ain't got no strings section. I can get a solo violin etc. just not full orchestra.

Help me!!!!????

I'd recommend the version of O Holy Night that's been made famous on my blog.
    Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
    blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
    www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
    www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Comment

Originally posted by twc_admin View Post
      I'd recommend the version of O Holy Night that's been made famous on my blog.
      I will second that suggestion!

Nate
      Practical Worship

Please Pray For My Wife

Comment

Also, "Happy Birthday Jesus" could be nice.

Or not.

You could write a seasonal rock opera. That could be fun.

Comment

Anyone with some real ideas?

Comment

Real??? maybe...

I've used a few good ones over the years. If you have some imagination and arranging skills try rewriting some of the Tran-Siberian Orchestra stuff. We're doing some with a children's choir this year using the two songs, Remember and Christmas Cannon. I just fudged some of the words a little for more Christ focused versions. If your interested in my lyrics IM me.

Also, John Michael Talbot (see video of Advent Suite)and Michael card have done some beautiful stuff ... check out "The Life" CD (see video, Immanuel) and if you haven't used it yet, Michael W. Smiths Christmas album with "Anthems for Christmas" and other great compositions (see video Gloria). Maybe the sheet music is out there too.

BTW, if you have one you can use a keyboard to imitate the strings.

Comment

Our church chior does a Christmas thing. Not sure what it is this year I can try to find out!

Comment

We ended up doing a version of Angels We Have Heard on High by Hillsong...worked out great. Not to be confused with the great hymn by Pythagorus, Angles We Have Heard on High.

Next week, doing a burning song by Joy Williams called Here WIth Us, I think.

Comment

Hey - by "mass choir" - just how many voices are you referring to?
                  Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
                  blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
                  www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
                  www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Comment

We had 75+. The reason we call it mass choir is that anyone Jr in HS older can come to rehearsal and sing in the services that week sans a "get to know you" audition. Our regular Bridge Team (choir) has about 35-40 weekly, though we are trying to grow it. BTW, we did a "genuis" recruiting strategy that incorporated video etc that I'll fly up on the trench via youtube soon.

We recruit hard as we gather in the greenroom between services with our Mass Choir participants. We usually land 5-6 new singers when we do Mass Choir. We do it about three times per year.

Comment

Glory in the Highest by Chris Tomlin is good. We're doing the one arranged by Travis Cottell in our Christmas Musical this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X