Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave-W
    replied
    I agree with Mike. If you enter in to worship, it will draw everyone with you. It does not matter if you are on a solo acoustic guitar, (BTDT FOR YEARS) or a piano or a banjo or string bass. (I know a guy who leads from a string bass) Heck, i have even led from a mountain dulcimer. It’s about where your heart is much more than your instrumentation.

Leave a comment:

• Mike on Bass
    replied
    Hey-

FYI- this place gets very little traffic compared to what it used to. It's a ghost town. Expect several days for anyone to respond.

I think the word you are looking for is 'predictable' will worship become too predictable?

IMO, it doesn't matter what you lead with, as long as you keep it fresh. I've been doing this almost 20 years- I have experienced full bands where it became predictable- same songs in the same key in the same order with the same people leading. Some people are ok with that, I struggle with it. I have also experienced acoustic/piano led worship where it was fresh and engaging, mixed up the songs a bit with old and new, and it encouraged participation and kept it relevant.

It all comes down to the team's or leader's enthusiasm and level of engagement. It only gets boring and tired if you make it boring and tired- make sense?

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Psithurism
    replied
    maybe "bored" is not the correct word. "Tired" may be better. Tired of acoustic guitar only.

Leave a comment:

• Psithurism
    replied
    so many comments and feedback!

Leave a comment:

• Psithurism
    started a topic Acoustic guitar only

Acoustic guitar only

Hi Worship Community! I am a volunteer in my church's worship team. So my question is, would you get tired and bored of singing songs where 80% of the time throughout the year the music includes only an acoustic guitar? no electronic beats, no pads etc.
Working...
X