Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baptism

Hey Everybody!

My name is Grace. My husband and I are on staff at Bremen Missionary Church as the worship pastors. Every year our church has a special baptism service outside at a pond. We always have a time of worship and it is really hard to decide what songs to choose. Since there are so few that are specifically meant for baptism we find ourselves doing the same songs over and over. So, I am curious what songs some of you choose for worship during baptism?

If you are open to doing something that is more of a "special" and not corporate singing, Carrie Underwood did a big song called "Something in the Water" ... it's powerful.
    Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
    blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
    www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
    www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Comment

Any song that talks about salvation, new life, freedom, the cross, the resurrection. Lots of songs I can think of.
      Practical Worship

Please Pray For My Wife

Comment

There may be very few that say "yay I was baptized today", you can use songs that reflect the purpose of baptism- new life, forgiveness, washing away sin, etc.

Off the cuff, "Redeemed" (Big Daddy Weave)captures the essences of what baptism represents. "Redeemed" highlights the symbolism of the new life in Christ and being delivered from the condemnation of sin.

If we want to go places we haven't been, we will have to do things we haven't done.

Comment

Working...
        X