Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audition Coming Up

Hello Worship Community!
    On Tuesday, May 8, 2012, I have an audition to be on the worship team at my youth group. The requirements are to fill out the application, know the lead and harmony to the song Amazed, and prepare a 2-2 1/2 minute song acapella. I am thinking of doing Revelation Song as by Kari Jobe. I am a female, and I would love any suggestions of a common worship song sung in church so I could sing a bit of it for my audition.
    Thanks so much in advance!!
    Deborah Stephens

Go with something that speaks to you personally. Don't worry about being the most up-to-date, or the most difficult rhythm, or showing off all 6 octaves of your range (just kidding about the 6 octaves). The best vocalists on our worship team are the ones who sing in a way that invites others to sing along, whose voices blend well with others, who have a pleasant face while singing, and who live the Christian lifestyle. If you are that person, you will do fine.

Comment

Along with that, go with something you know. Don't over-complicate it.

Revelation song is a good song- it's mature, it's powerful, and it's relevant. It's one of my favorites.

Just make sure you an sing it a capella. It has a unique syncopation- timing is everything, vocally. If you can keep a beat in your head while you are singing, that's the thing you need to be sure of with that song. Certain lines start on the half beat, and others have to be held the right length, and the space between has to be a specific length.

Not to scare you away from doing it, because it would be a great accomplishment to pull it off. Just remember, if you are depending on certain musical cues to time the singing, they won't be there. So be sure you are comfortable doing it by yourself with other people watching you.

Hope it goes well
      If we want to go places we haven't been, we will have to do things we haven't done.

Comment

Originally posted by Deborah View Post
        Hello Worship Community!
        On Tuesday, May 8, 2012, I have an audition to be on the worship team at my youth group.
        How did it go? What did you wind up singing?

Comment

Working...
        X