'How He Loves' Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'How He Loves' Question

I love this song, and I know the chord pregression, I have a chart, but to be honest I just can't seem to master this song. Do any of you have some tips or helps to help me get this song down?

Hey Matt,
    What is giving you the problems - it's a pretty easy song ... where are you struggling? We can help!
    Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
    blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
    www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
    www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Comment

So, I can play it just fine on Acoustic. But I usually do electric at church since Our main leader is on Acoustic. I have been listening to the jesus Culture version of this song which has a strong Electric lead. Its some sort of finger picking progression, but I can't seem to master it.

I don't want to just layer electric chords over the acoustic Leader, because that makes it sound muddled. But if I can learn how to play this progression then it will blend in perfectly. Any help is useful.

Also: I am playing on a Peavey T-60 with a vox amp. Right now the only effect I have is a Wah pedal and a borrowed Boss OD-1. So for the song I have been playing with a clean channel and a hint of the Amp's tremlo knob to give a little effect.
      Last edited by matreames; 12-11-2008, 05:22 PM.

Comment

On the Jesus Culture version of the song, it would be best if you put a capo on the 5th fret and played the song using a D position for G, a G position for C, and an A position for D. I think that will get you close to the right voicings.

Comment

Jesus Culture does the song in the key of F. They capo at the 5 and play it in a C voicing. Here it is in pictures...lol

, , , .That's basically it.

Comment

you leave in the sloppy kiss line?

Comment

Watching the Jesus Culture vid now. The rythm guitar player (tele) is using delay. The lead guitar player (semi hollow) is using an ebow and delay as well.

Comment

Originally posted by worshiptrench View Post
                of course!!!!!

Comment

absolutely.... if you take away the line, you take away much of the meaning of the song. I would never edit it.

Comment

I've heard Beautiful kiss and David Crowder says innocent kiss. I think they both work...

Comment

we've done it both ways, I have grown to love the line, but for our Sunday AM gathering, we say "heaven meets earth where no words can express".

Kinda lame.
                      Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
                      blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
                      www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
                      www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Comment

Originally posted by worshiptrench View Post
                        This line is brilliant! I really donít like that people are changing this. It makes me think of a child giving you their first kiss. Itís sloppy and wet but you canít help but laugh and love them!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Henson View Post
                          I've heard Beautiful kiss and David Crowder says innocent kiss. I think they both work...
                          The crowdster sold out! Go for the gusto, David!

Comment

When I saw the title I was sure the topic would be about 'sloppy wet kiss'. I'm leaving it in for our Youth, kids need the raw and real. But our pastor's wife asked specifically if we'd be singing that line and I don't think she wants us to. The jury is still out on if it'll happen or not.

What key are you playing the song in? I'll see if I can throw a 'how-to' video up on youtube with a few tips and an example. You said picking with an electric right?

The best textual advice I can give is 'move your head'. When you're playing it really feel it. While finger picking, don't dive right into the next pluck after the 4th beat, let it hang a moment. The plucking patern could be 1 pause 2,3,4 pause and repeat.

Comment

I guess I should read a little more clearly cuz I put a whole different video together for YouTube then I realized you were basically looking for the tabs of a pattern that's already out there >.<

This one? YouTube - Jesus Culture - How He Loves Us (song)

If so this is my best take on it. YouTube - How to Play "How He Loves" Jesus Culture Style

Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
                              X