"best" sets of 2 or more songs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "best" sets of 2 or more songs?

What groupings of songs have worked best in your church? (Something the congregation likes to sing and comes back to periodically.) What was the theme? Any special transitions or other techniques to help the flow?

Dick

I don't think you can ever go without the classic "How Great is Our God" and "How Great Thou Art." They're pretty much required to go together.

Comment

Yeah, I like to do that kind of thing. Have a hymn that leads into a newer song, or visa versa. We'll sometimes do "And Can It Be?" into, "Amazing Love", or "Unchanging" into "Great Is Thy Faithfulness". I know the question was about songs, but I also like to do this with Scripture. For example you can read the first part of Ps. 104, then play "How Great is Our God."

Comment

I love doing David Crowder's "Rain Down" in Em, followed by Consuming Fire (Tim Hughes) in Em ...
        Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
        blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
        www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
        www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Comment

I like these two

Tomorrow we are doing Every Move I Make and transitioning with a psalm reading with acoustic guitar playing Praise the lord o my soul and after the reading we will sing the latter song.
          the psalm is a combined reading of psalm 18 first verse and psalm 27 1:10 or so.
          The two songs don't flow together real great but our younger kids love it and then with the psalm reading leading into the song we should be able to set our hearts toward worshipping the Lord.

miek
          I didn't mean to be inaccurate, but I wasn't trying to be precise.

Comment

My wife and I do "God of Wonders" and "Holy, Holy, Holy" in medley and add a "bridge" singing "Holy, we cry holy" (chords: 6, 4, 1, 5) building back into the last half of the last verse of the hymn.

Comment

Gary, great idea ... I'd forgotten how good it was to do that. Honestly, last couple of times we did "God of Wonders" here .. it just felt kinda flat ... so I thought I just may pull it from the rotation... maybe it was a "seasonal" thing, haha .. I dunno.
              Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
              blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
              www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
              www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Comment

I like doing Mighty Warrior and Jesus Freak...

just kidding.
                Associate Director of Worship & Media at St. Simons Community Church .He is also the content curator and editor here at The Worship Community.

Comment

Yeah -- it's hard to beat "Hocus Pocus" followed by "Bohemian Rhapsody"

Comment

"Breathe" and "Draw me Close" work well together too...my 2 cents

Comment

We do Every Move I Make and then go into Lord, I Lift Your Name On High and then back into Every Move I Make 1x thru. We also have done God of Wonders and then gone into Holy, Holy, Holy.

Comment

hmmm

I always enjoy "Here I Am To Worship" by Tim Hughes followed by whatever fits the message of the week. I love the harmony on the song. Men and women can blend so well and it sets a great tone and speed to the worship service. Transitions are easy from the song to next song. And a band can stretch the time frame by singing the chorus or just playing instrumentals for an extended time.
                        mc
                        I didn't mean to be inaccurate, but I wasn't trying to be precise.

Comment

Amazing Love (You Are My King) into Amazed

Haven't done this yet, however, I've been thinking about it...

AMAZING LOVE (YOU ARE MY KING)
                          "You are my king... Jesus you are my king..." (repeat a few times)

Into...

AMAZED
                          "Lord I'm amazed by you, Lord I'm amazed by you... Lord I'm amazed by you, how you love me"

-Brian

Comment

These Thousand Hills with the chorus of Amazing Love (You Are My King) between the verses

Comment

two-song sets

Here I Am to Worship with Fairest Lord Jesus;
                              Change My Heart, Oh God with I Surrender All;
                              Oh, How I Love Jesus with Love the Lord (Lincoln Brewster);
                              You Are God Alone with Shout to the Lord;
                              My Life is in You, Lord with I Walk By Faith.

Comment

Working...
                              X