Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calendar sharing?

Hi all!

our church has a worship team of under 15 and one of our issues is telling each other when one of us is out or not and seting up rehearsals. What is your best option for that function? Shared iPhone calendars or google calendars, software platform like planning center? or just emails or shared documents? Just trying to see what some of you either use or recommend before we try to find our own solution. Seems main area is scheduling and attendance notification at the moment although I realize that other programs offer more features we could utilize in the future. Maybe what you use and what you like best about it whatever method your team has Thanks for the feedback in advance

Jay Bourne

Hi Jay, my church started using Planning Center nearly 2 years ago and it has been a huge upgrade. Each team member can go into their profile and block out dates that they know they will not be available. When you setup a plan for a given Sunday it automatically sends out a schedule invite via email or text, depending on how the individual has their notification setup. They still have to "confirm" or "decline" the invitation to play. If I want to send an email to just the team members playing for a particular Sunday I only need to go to that plan and click the email button and it will automatically include all scheduled members. Many other nice features and they can all use the Planning Center app on their phones to respond or listen to the posted songs for personal rehearsals. I'm sure their are others who will offer up alternative methods. Hope this was helpful. Best wishes finding a solution that works for your church.

Comment

Hi Jay,
      We have about 30 team members and use Planning Center for all the reasons mentioned in the above post. For a minimal cost it has been a huge blessing, not only for scheduling, but for allowing the team members to download chord sheets and mp3s/videos of the songs. I highly recommend it!

If cost is a problem, possibly a Dropbox document would work?
      Hope this helps,
      Debbie

Comment

Hi Jay,
        We also use Planning Center; and it does work well overall for the reasons mentioned--however, pertinent to your issue, I have found it hard to get everyone to keep up with their blockout dates. They tend to remember to enter major things like vacations and neglect to enter the other daily life events that would prevent them playing on a given week. And some take several days (or a week...) to respond to the invites from PCO. I still haven't figured out a solution to encourage busy people to respond in a timely way. (Some have suggested I "fire" the slow responders...but my pool isn't quite deep enough to do that.. unless some weeks I am content to have only a bass player and a singer!) It's a tough question!

Comment

Originally posted by Fiddlexela View Post
          They tend to remember to enter major things like vacations and neglect to enter the other daily life events that would prevent them playing on a given week. And some take several days (or a week...) to respond to the invites from PCO. I still haven't figured out a solution to encourage busy people to respond in a timely way.
          Most of my folks (only 12 members) are great about blocking out dates and confirming. However, when I look at the schedule, which we try to keep 3-4 weeks in advance, and see that someone has not confirmed I just send them a direct text to inquire about it. This always clears up the confusion and it is usually an oversight on their part. If someone started ignoring my text regularly, I'd have to address that. At my church we are all volunteers and it is about mutual respect to keep up with the schedule. If someone is too busy then perhaps you/they need to reconsider their commitment to serve in the worship ministry. Easy for me to say as I don't know your situation.

Comment

Working...
          X