Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worship Marathon Sessions?

Hi all...

I was reading through the Worship Times thread and it occurred to me that many here do not have any opportunity for extended worship times.

We're talking an hour, hour-plus, maybe even three hours.

Perhaps I'm wrong. But I thought I'd ask: anybody here ever prepare for a worship set that can be over an hour long, keeping the worship flow, employing songs of every style and stripe?

If ever there was a need for a resource that can help adequately prepare a worship team for such a task, would you purchase it?

Nick
    Nick Alexander
    Host, The Prayer Meeting Podcast
    Worship that is Contemporary, Traditional, Charismatic, Contemplative, Spontaneous, based on the Church calendar, play it whenever you want.
    Find out what Nick Alexander can do for your conference, retreat or workshop.

We occasionally do an all-worship service on a Sunday evening about once a quarter. Generally we run an hour to 1-1/2 hours.

Our leader lays out the songs in a good order and we use a variety of songs.

We generally break it up by some Scripture reading (a verse or two) that fits with the song(s) we are doing at the time.

As far as a resource, I'm sure people would find it useful that need to plan 15 songs and aren't used to it.

Personally, my 'work' band plans out 4-hour set lists for a couple of gigs we do, so I've had some experience pairing up songs and flows. But unless one has been in a similar environment, most church worship leaders don't have that experience. I could see where a resource would be helpful.
    If we want to go places we haven't been, we will have to do things we haven't done.

Comment

We do all music services in the vein of what Mike is talking about a couple of times a year. It's a little different for us, because we're usually rotating different players in over the course of the night.
      Eric Frisch
      www.ericfrisch.com

Comment

Working...
      X