!-- Beacon Ads Ad Code -->

Sponsor Ad:

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good Easter "special music" suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good Easter "special music" suggestions?

Hi!
    I'm new here and got here as I searched for a resource that might help with finding a good special music song for Easter Sunday. I typically just go to youtube and search until I find something but haven't been able to find "the right one." Now I'm running out of time! What are some of you other praise team leaders doing for your Easter special music selections? Any good suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Bobby

suggestions for easter

do you mean congregational, choral, solo?
    If for whole church,
    We are doing Victor's Crown, that one has grabbed hold lately
    If you are looking for something new, Forever by Kari Jobe is trending up

Jay Bourne

Originally posted by BobbyH View Post
    Hi!
    I'm new here and got here as I searched for a resource that might help with finding a good special music song for Easter Sunday. I typically just go to youtube and search until I find something but haven't been able to find "the right one." Now I'm running out of time! What are some of you other praise team leaders doing for your Easter special music selections? Any good suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Bobby

Comment

I think we may do Victors' Crown as well. Another one of my favorites is "Jesus Saves". I love the Travis Cottrell version. Paul baloche has a new CD, "Risen", with a big song on it as well.
      Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
      blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
      www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
      www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Comment

If you're looking for something a bit more laid back, we just did Anthony Skinner's new one, "The Sound That Saved Us All" - it is a reworking of the lyrics of All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name. Our congregation loved it, and it has some nice guitar stuff you can do.

http://www.cclitv.com/the-sound-that...thony-skinner/

Comment

In years past, we've done "He Lives" by Israel Houghton and "Praise the King" by Cindy Morgan. We're doing "Mercy Tree" by Lacey Sturm this year.

Nate
          Practical Worship

Please Pray For My Wife

Comment

In years past, we've done "He Lives" by Israel Houghton and "Commendation the King" by Cindy Morgan. We're doing "Leniency Tree" by Lacey Sturm not long from now.
            NoorAlamShahzad

Comment

We are doing "Christ the Lord", "This Is Amazing Grace", "At The Cross (Love Ran Red)", and new for us Kari Jobe's "Forever". "Victor's Crown" is a perfect choice, too!

Comment

We'll be doing "Redeemed" by Big Daddy Weave.
                But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
                Romans 5:8

Comment

1. Do an old ancient Easter hymn, contemporized for your set. One with all verses, no choruses.
                  2. Pick a current praise and worship song, in the same key, and medley into that song's chorus, from the first hymn.

Easter is much bigger than the times we live in. Churches should make the effort to go the extra mile.
                  Nick Alexander
                  Host, The Prayer Meeting Podcast
                  Worship that is Contemporary, Traditional, Charismatic, Contemplative, Spontaneous, based on the Church calendar, play it whenever you want.
                  Find out what Nick Alexander can do for your conference, retreat or workshop.

Comment

Working...
                  X