!-- Beacon Ads Ad Code -->

Sponsor Ad:

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What types of programs are you planning for Palm and Easter Sundays?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What types of programs are you planning for Palm and Easter Sundays?

Hi, All!

I am beginning to put together my Easter and Palm Sundays. I'm really curious as to what types and what size programs you are doing. Full out cantatas.....worship music before a sermon...etc. For Christmas I wrote narratives, incorporated testimonies, and used songs and a choir to tell a story. Since it was so well received (and we were capable of pulling it off!), I'm thinking of something similar, but imagine you all have much more creative ideas!!

Any help would be most appreciated!

P.s. we are doing an all-church Lenten worship devotional that will end with a Seder on Good Friday. I'm considering cardboard testimonies of how God moved in folks' lives through those prayers and devotionals....thoughts on that?

Cammie

Originally posted by lovehimso View Post
    Hi, All!

I am beginning to put together my Easter and Palm Sundays. I'm really curious as to what types and what size programs you are doing. Full out cantatas.....worship music before a sermon...etc.
    I just got our stuff planned this week. We aren't doing anything Palm Sunday-ish, other than singing "All Glory, Laud, and Honor" as one of the hymns. Actually, it's the only hymn that week.

On Thursday we have a "Reflection Service". The theme this year is "Christ Is Our Passover Lamb". It will be mostly scripture readings, with a couple of special music numbers, a couple of congregational hymns, and communion. We will start with Abraham attempting to sacrifice Isaac (God will provide a lamb), go through the suffering servant in Isaiah 53, John the Baptist's declaration to "behold the Lamb of God", the crucifixion, and end up with the Lamb on the throne in Revelation 22. It will be a quiet service.

For Easter, we will start with a scripture reading of the resurrection from John 20. Actors will portray the first Easter (no speaking) and we will end the drama with the narrator reading Mary Magdalene's words to the disciples: "I have seen the Lord". Then the choir will sing a song called -- yep -- "I Have Seen the Lord." Then it's basically our normal service, with resurrection-themed hymns for the congregation (yes, I lean very traditional for Easter), ending though with Tomlin's Crown Him (Majesty).

Comment

Thanks for sharing. good luck
      Our excellent online 300-135 exam training programs will lead you to success in the Test King We also offer latest hsbc and www.principiacollege.edu with 100% success University of New Haven good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X