When is Fred doing TWC conference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is Fred doing TWC conference?

Of course, I don't go to conferences but I could if Freddy would make this one learning community based.

Seriously, you need to do one but do it differently with learning communities and not so much only keynotes and breakouts.

Create collaborative communities around different topics where you have "experts" in that area facilitate the questions but not lecture; just steer and offer wisdom points. We did this at the communication conference that Church Marketing Sucks puts on an it rocked. (their name not mine).

Yeah. Let's do it.
    Associate Director of Worship & Media at St. Simons Community Church .He is also the content curator and editor here at The Worship Community.

Comment

now THAT sounds like FUN!

Comment

If you do it I'm there. Teach me Fred...teach me.

Comment

HAHAHA - I've gotta be more disciplined to check the forums, guys.

I would love to host that ... pray for us to know when, how, and all that stuff.

The real question is ... would people REALLY COME? I'm not really interested in having a conference and bringing in all the big names ... I'd be more interested in letting us share how WE do it, collaborate, and let the folks who are out there every day be a part.
          Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
          blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
          www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
          www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Comment

I would totally be into a conference where real worship leaders share with each other, give sessions on their specialties, and most of all, get to play together!

Let me know where and when.

Comment

It would be totally fun. I would love to see the non-famous worship leaders on the ground come together and share the knowledge gained by field experience!!! I think it would be a great grassroots thing! And it should produce something:

1. A compilation book for worship leaders containing the best tips from all of the leaders and such who come. Just a giant mind dump by guys "on the ground."

2. A CD of songs written by worship leaders at the conference. Maybe even songs that were vetted and collaborated on in the forums!

But I would totally fly out from CA for TWC-Con! If it ever happens, I'm on board.

Comment

Love the idea!

Comment

You guys are quite the encouragement - we'll have to seriously pray about how this could happen!

Comment

Give this serious consideration Fred!

Fred, Did you read Anne Jackson's recent post asking people what they wanted in conferences? These guys (above) have nailed it. People want to learn together and experience community and ministry together. I go to Integrity Worship Institute and get so much more out of it because we lead worship together, take communion together, discuss and have a real chance to learn but in community. We learn from some of the wisest, but we learn TOGETHER, not in a lecture format. It also has a strong component of spiritual growth involved, not just a "how to" seminar.

Let's face it, we need to be growing from the inside out (to borrow a great song lyric) and from the depths of our relationship with Christ. Sometimes I think we learn how to do alot of things, but we neglect this.

What about a retreat geared especially for worship leaders? I think that setting would allow all of this.....and St. Simons Island is gorgeous.

If you'll do it I'll help. I can lead some discussions on burnout and being broken, or team building or leading from an overflow. (all things I've learned through three TOUGH years in ministry)

I think it would SERIOUSLY ROCK and meet a need.

Let's talk. No more conferences, let's get real with each other!

Comment

I'm in

I'm in, lets do it!

Comment

Well...ya know im in...of course I think North east would be best . ha ha ha

Comment

South - Sunny - St. Simons Island - resort, ... I mean, C'mon ... where else can you grab your guitar, and go sit under the big oak tree where Charles and John Wesley were? Talk about some DEEP heritage on this island.

Wesley brothers

Wesley brothers marker

During the colonial period, Saint Simons served as a sometime home to John Wesley, the minister of the colony who later went on to found the Methodist Church. Wesley performed missionary work at St Simons while he was still in the Anglican Church, but he felt despondent over his inability to bring about revivals (writing that the local inhabitants had more tortures from their environment than he could describe for Hell). In the 1740s John Wesley's brother Charles Wesley did missionary work on St. Simons
                          And of course ... this could be the official conference lodging:
                          Last edited by fmckinnon; 01-16-2009, 12:47 PM.

Comment

well...lets see NE we have

PA hershey factory and Crayola factory and martin guitar factory

NY we have The city and everything

NJ we have nothing. ha ha ha

CT we have pretty area and awesome place called mystic

NH we have mountains and awesome lakes

VT we have mountains too..

Mass we have Boston and people who talk funny

and RI...we have ME!!!!!

Comment

Joel, you probably posted before I'd finished editing my post ... I posted your hotel above.

Comment

Working...
                              X