!-- Beacon Ads Ad Code -->

Sponsor Ad:

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Email Subscription Notifications broken?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fmckinnon
    started a topic Are Email Subscription Notifications broken?

Are Email Subscription Notifications broken?

Hey Gang -

I'm trying to figure out if it's the forum, or just my email ... for the last week or so, I'm no longer getting the automated email subscription reminder emails ... the ones that come if someone replies to a thread you are subscribed to, etc ...

Is this true for everyone else, or just for me? Before I start doing upgrades and tech tweeks, I need to make sure my spam filter isn't just the culprit.

Fred

• fmckinnon
    replied
    It was a server-based issue that is now repaired. I don't know about the rest of you, but when they "updated the dns servers in the resolv.conf file", I got about a weeks' worth of emails from TWC.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    No!!! Mine is workin fine Fred. Might be the Spam setting?? not sure.

Leave a comment:

• fmckinnon
    replied
    I can't speak for everyone else, but I retrieved a bunch of bounces today from TWC with this error:
    Sorry, I couldn't find any host by that name. (#4.1.2)
    I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

Although, the email was valid, as well as the hostname - I've created a support ticket w/ the hosting company to investigate. I *USED* to own the hosting company ... I no longer have the keys, or I'd look under the hood myself! (dang, it feels weird having to open a support ticket!)

Leave a comment:

• fmckinnon
    replied
    hmm ... I thought it was just me (hoped) ... I'm seeing a ton of bounces coming back to admin@ ... there seems to be a server-issue, where it's not looking up hostnames ... I'll have to look into it (open a ticket). good luck there.

Leave a comment:

• dtpuga
    replied
    I haven't been getting any either Fred.

Leave a comment:

• chipshot0701
    replied
    i got three on Monday and none since then.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• russhutto
    replied
    Mine seem to be on a delay of some sort. I get them but not immediately.

Leave a comment:

• fmckinnon
    replied
    strange, indeed, then ... because I'm "subscribed" to this thread, even, but haven't gotten an email about either of your replies.

Leave a comment:

• russhutto
    replied
    I've been getting mine.

Leave a comment:

• fmckinnon
    replied
    John,
    Thanks ... anyone else? I usually get 4-5 at midnight, EST ... updating which threads are updated, new threads, etc ... I haven't gotten those emails in a week or so.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I definitely received an email notification today - although that may be yesterday for you - not sure how the time difference affects things. It came through when I downloaded email this morning. It wasn't a thread I have contributed to, but it is one that I subscribe to. I usually get two or three of these a day, though, and I only got the one, so I'm not sure what that means.
    Hope this helps....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X