This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highest Praise Newsletter, April 20

(note: Highest Praise Productions is the owner/founder of "The Worship Community and Sponsors the The Worship Community)

Hey Everyone!

Hope and pray that you've had an awesome week. I wanted to send a quick email update to all those on the "Highest Praise" mailing list about a few things, so ... check it out!

#1: Worship Artist of the Year, 2007 - THANKS!

First, I'd like to express my gratitude to those of you who graciously gave your support to me in voting for my songs and music at IndieHeaven.Com. Because of your support, I was honored with the "2007 Worship Artist of the Year" Momentum Award a few weeks ago in Nashville, TN (Franklin, TN, actually!) at the Christian Indie Alliance Summit. It was a huge honor and I am forever grateful, and give God all the glory for it.

As you have been reading, I've been using IndieHeaven.Com as my "home base" to make my personal worship and instrumental music available. They have now launched a brand new, redesigned site. One of the coolest features is that you can now play ALL of my music on my page by pressing ONE SIMPLE PLAY BUTTON. The first songs on my page are the newer piano/instrumental compositions, followed by some worship music. I hope you'll consider bookmarking the site, and listening to the music each day while you are at work. To make it simple, here's how it's done:

* go to my IndieHeaven Artist Page
    * click the "play" button on the top left to begin playing all songs.
    * leave this window open in the background and open a new browser window to do your work!

Also .... my version of the very popular praise song, "You, You Are God" as recorded on Worship Under the Stars is currently on IH's "Fan Faves" chart. Today it was at #8. Would you consider going to Fan Faves and rating it? Thanks a ton! You can rate it once per day from each computer you have.

#2: The Worship Community

In our last newsletter, I mentioned a new forums site that we've launched called "The Worship Community". It's located at:
    www.theworshipcommunity.com

This place has been amazing, and it's still in pre-launch. Already we've got great relationships being forged great discussions and networking. We're discussing everything from favorite worship songs, albums, worship leading, in-ear monitors versus headphones, how to best mic or shield real drums, band rotations, etc. Will you come check it out and join our community!?

Currently, the Featured "Sticky" Thread is:
    "Why Men Hate Going to Church" - it came from some discussion some people were having about some of the more "sappy, passionate/loving" lyrics found in today's contemporary worship music. We'd love your input. All you have to do is:

* Register as a New User at www.theworshipcommunity.com
    * Post your responses, or create a new discussion yourself!

#3: Worship Interludes

I recorded a new worship interludes podcast last week. If you'd like about 20 minutes of quiet, spontaneous worship, ministry, prayer, and meditation, I hope you'll check it out. You can listen on the web at www.worshipinterludes.com or the best way is to subscribe through iTunes.

#4: Personal News

I've really fallen off the wagon in blogging. I love it. For those of you who have enjoyed emailing back and forth and following the more "personal side" of HPP, my own life as a Music Minister, Father, Husband, etc ... I'd encourage you to check out my personal blog at:
    http://www.fredmckinnon.com

If you're familiar with subscribing to blogs or "RSS" feeds, you can do so from my feeds" page. You can also add my blog posts to your Google Home Start Page, your Yahoo Home Start page, your AOL Home Start Page, etc ... all from the "feeds" page. Below is a little "ticker" of recent posts that you can click on as well:

Until the next update - may God bless you incredibly!

For the Kingdom,

Fred F. McKinnon, Founder/President

Highest Praise Productions, Inc.

Worship International, Inc.
    Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
    blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
    www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
    www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Thank You

Thank you for an introduction to some really unique artists. I listened to Jermae -- what PASSION!!! What a TESTIMONY to God's "in His grip" GRACE!
    Peace. MauraLeith
    Last edited by MauraLeith; 04-26-2007, 09:31 AM. Reason: typo!

Comment

There's Fred doing that "shameless self-promotion thing" that he has such issues with. (inside joke, no one take that seriouslly)

Congrats, Freddo. No one deserved it more than you. I'll have you know that I voted eleventy billion times for you (if that is a number). I think it's time for another WUTS album, though, don't you?

Comment

Hey Ben - thks! Sept 15, 2007 ... most likely will be WUTS 2007, and yes, with a live recording, budget permitting!
        Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
        blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
        www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
        www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Comment

Working...
        X