Thread: Hello from NE Ohio

Default Hello from NE Ohio

My name is Scott Burdett and I serve at Grace Church in Rootstown, OH as the staff elder overseeing worship/music and administration. I am blessed with an wonderful wife, LeAnna, and two highly energetic sons, Caleb and Hunter.

It is my desire is to teach and lead local assemblies about biblical worship and model that in corporate worship settings, as well as the intentional training of leadership. In addition, I am an avid reader of Piper, MacArthur, Dever, D.A. Carson, Ian Murray and Lawson (to name a few) as well as the writings of Charles Spurgeon, Jonathan Edwards and the Puritans. I am reformed, adhering to the doctrines grace, and “blended” or “multi-generational” in my approach to corporate worship.

I am an avid Mac addict and have been hooked on Apple product since the days its stock was $2.31 a share. I enjoy musical arranging, golfing (a hacker), spending with my family, and an avid Ohio State Buckeye fan. Unlike the multitude of friends who have migrated south of the Mason-Dixon in search of warmer winters, I appreciate the season changes, my family heritage and the cultural diversity that Ohio has to offer.

Welcome to TWC, Scott. Glad to have you here. You and I share many likes, especially doctrinally. My family migrated South 45 years ago, and it is home now. I appreciate the warmer winters, but tolerate the hot, steamy summers.

We look forward to hearing your voice on our forums.
    Tom

Woot Ohio!
    Lov'n Jesus