Thread: Intro: Jenn from Ohio

Default Intro: Jenn from Ohio

Hello! I am Jenn Haynes, from Springfield Ohio

I am the Worship Coordinator at North Hills Church of God. I'm blessed to be a stay-at-home mom of two lovely girls who will soon turn 1 and 3, with a husband who is blessed with a well-paying job. I have wanted since college to be a full-time mom with the time and means to volunteer at church. God has answered that prayer!

My husband is also our fabulous drummer. After a few years, I was asked to step up as worship coordinator. I don't actually lead the singing, as I need my focus to lead the band. I am the pianist and also a singer.

I'm also young. I was asked to join the church board at 24. I turn 28 next week. And since the recent loss of our associate pastor, all of the worship coordination has been placed squarely on my shoulders. With helpful input from our very busy pastor, and LOTS of assistance from God, I'm now leading a team of 4-5 instrumentalists, and 7-8 singers. (Don't worry, we rotate.)

I feel like I'm only just now starting to do what God intended for me. I have been given the authority to give our church a worship makeover. I feel invigorated, but also apprehensive. Change is hard, especially for our church that averages 117 or so a Sunday.

So that is where I am! I found this site because I feel the need for some advice on a few very sensitive issues. So I googled "Worship Leader Advice" and found this place full of my brothers and sisters!

It's so nice to finally meet you.

Default Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by MissMusicality View Post
    Hello! I am Jenn Haynes, from Springfield Ohio

I am the Worship Coordinator at North Hills Church of God. I'm blessed to be a stay-at-home mom of two lovely girls who will soon turn 1 and 3, with a husband who is blessed with a well-paying job. I have wanted since college to be a full-time mom with the time and means to volunteer at church. God has answered that prayer!

My husband is also our fabulous drummer. After a few years, I was asked to step up as worship coordinator. I don't actually lead the singing, as I need my focus to lead the band. I am the pianist and also a singer.

I'm also young. I was asked to join the church board at 24. I turn 28 next week. And since the recent loss of our associate pastor, all of the worship coordination has been placed squarely on my shoulders. With helpful input from our very busy pastor, and LOTS of assistance from God, I'm now leading a team of 4-5 instrumentalists, and 7-8 singers. (Don't worry, we rotate.)

I feel like I'm only just now starting to do what God intended for me. I have been given the authority to give our church a worship makeover. I feel invigorated, but also apprehensive. Change is hard, especially for our church that averages 117 or so a Sunday.

So that is where I am! I found this site because I feel the need for some advice on a few very sensitive issues. So I googled "Worship Leader Advice" and found this place full of my brothers and sisters!

It's so nice to finally meet you.
    Welcome to the family....

There is surely a wealth of diversity here and I'm sure we can do our best to reach out and help you through things. Many of the conversations on this forum are categorized under various sub categories. So when you post questions, etc.. make sure to categorize it as best as you can.
    Song Collaboration & Originals:
    My SoundCloud Profile

Welcome! I live in Columbus, but used to lead worship occasionally at a church in Cedarville... probably not far from you!

Glad you found us - there is a wealth of information here already, and my experience has been that the folks on this forum will tackle just about any question or issue, so jump right in!
    Eric Frisch
    www.ericfrisch.com