Thread: Singing Success?

Default Singing Success?

I have been considering buying the Singing Success program by Bret Manning, but I would like a little info first.

I have never had a vocal lesson before, yet I have been singing for about 3 years now as a worship leader. I desire to develop and train my vocals so that I understand what I am doing and do not injure myself.

Has anyone used this program? Any tips/advice on lessons? I literally have little to no knowledge of singing. I just do it.

Thanks for any feedback! God bless you!
    Cole Perkins

I purchased Brett Mannings singing success and have not regretted a moment of it. I too wanted to improve in the gifts and talents the Lord gave me and have indeed grown with the use of the cds, online tips, video lessons, etc. You will enjoy it and it will improve your skills if you take it to heart. Be Blessed. Sis Doree

Hey Cole! I spoke to my vocal coach about it a while ago, and she made a good point. A live instructor is always better because he/she can hear the strengths/weaknesses in the individual voice and can provide custom exercises based on the student's voice. I used a "free trial" from Singing Success, and I must admit the basics are solid. My biggest hurdle, though, was getting the feedback I needed to determine whether or not my voice indeed improved. Since I only spent a little time with this program, I'm not sure how it's set up to help with constructive feedback on individual vocals, or if the students is left to discover for themselves how to correct the weaknesses in their voices.

On a personal note, there was something with my voice that Singing Success could not help me correct. I could identify my problem, but I did not know how to fix it. When I spoke to my vocal coach about it, she tailored some vocal exercises to help with that particular issue, and after a few weeks, we got a breakthrough.

Not sure how much this helps, but this is simply my personal experience. Blessings to you!
    Melanie Siewert, Christ's Servant
    BLOG: http://www.worshipvanguard.blogspot.com

It's too bad there's no "like" button. I agree with Melanie, a live, experienced person can give great feedback. Don't forget to record yourself and listen in between lessons to give you an idea what they are hearing. It does cost more but the benefits are worth it.

Default Vocal Coach

I would love to have a "live" vocal coach that understands the music and context we sing today. I will never have an awesome voice, but as a worship leader, I would love to do everything I can do to remove barriers to worship (especially me), and to coach others in similar fashion. If anyone knows a vocal coach in central Ohio that could help a mid 50's geezer do a better job please let me know!

Blessings and peace...
    Dave

If you are really interested to learn the music indeed then you must go to the east specially to India where you can learn the really core concept of the music.