Thread: Intro - Saxophone Aimee, Merriam KS

Default Intro - Saxophone Aimee, Merriam KS

Hi everyone!
    I play the saxophone at Crest Bible Church in Merriam KS with the praise band and the orchestra. I have been playing with the band for about a year now. We have a very small orchestra (2 trumpets, trombone, clarinet, violin, tenor sax and baritone sax) and a praise band (guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, tenor sax, lead vocal (guitar player) and a female vocalist). We also have a choir. So far these 3 groups have performed individually and we usually have a good mixture of styles of music on any given Sunday. We are hoping to soon be able to get the groups working together on some songs and having the praise band with orchestra and choir perform together. The choir currently plays with a CD or with the keyboard only. Anyway, that is why I am looking at these forums - in hopes of getting ideas of how to do that. The praise band uses chord charts to play from and I just make up my part as I go (it's never the same twice) - which is fun and great as long as it is just me, but it is difficult to do that with more than one horn player (brass and saxes together). I would love to find some arrangements of songs that include a horn section and choir parts. If anyone has any suggestions to help us get started I would appreciate it!
    Thanks!
    Aimee

Welcome to TWC, Aimee! It's always great to meet other people who play the not-so-standard instruments for worship teams. I play trumpet, but I'm not yet part of a team. My husband plays guitar and bass for the worship team, and he's been working with me on how to play by ear using my trumpet. It's a SLOW process for sure, and sometimes I wish I had an outlet to help encourage my trumpet playing. In the Lord's time. :-)

Anyways, thanks for jumping into our forums so quickly! I'm sure you have a treasure trove of insight you can provide the members here. Be blessed!
    Melanie Siewert, Christ's Servant
    BLOG: http://www.worshipvanguard.blogspot.com

Welcome aboard my fellow Kansan!!!

Jeff here from Ark City
    Music Teacher, Plainville Schools
    Plainville, KS
    [url]www.usd270.net[url]
    [url]forte.musicteachershelper.com[url]