Thread: Heaven's Praise - Week 4, Day 4 'Through the Hard Times"

Default Heaven's Praise - Week 4, Day 4 'Through the Hard Times"

Central Passage
    A very moving story about the Beam family - www.caringbridge.org/visit/tuckerbeam

My Daily Response

My Daily Meditation

Central Passage

The Beam's story is certainly a shining example of grace under pressure. How this family kept themselves in the center of God's will is truly amazing and inspiring. And by being in the center of his will, they were right where his grace and goodness are the deepest.

The simple truth is that we can either run to God when hard times come, or we can run away from him. Through this story, it is clear that running to him was the right choice.

My Daily Response

Right now, I am not in a hard time situation, but as we all know, it could come upon me at any time, and surely will, in some form.

I have been through some hard times in the past. Some were responded to well; others, not so much.

When the hard times do come again, I want my heart to be able to say, "Blessed be the name of the Lord."

My Daily Meditation

Lord, I have again been reminded of another in the list of witnesses who have demonstrated the benefits of trusting you at all times. Help me, like them, to put down the junk I am clinging to that so quickly messes me up, so I can run the race you have put me in without bailing out. Help me always to look to Jesus, who endured the shame and trials of the cross because he knew that glory awaited him in your presence forever. (My paraphrase of Hebrews 12:1-2, written as a prayer from my heart to God.)

Tom

Central Passage
    What I found so inspiring about this story was that there was not a SINGLE complaint in their blog, not one. Like every Christian, I have faced my trials. I believe I look to Christ, yet, I can sit here and say, unequivocally, I did NOT get through them without complaint - even if it was in my head or written in my journal. The 'why mes' or 'why hims' or 'why, agains' hit - my response is always 'Get away Satan', but, to be without complaint? wow. what a faith! how they have made Christ such a bedrock in their lives....

My Daily Response
    Oh, Father, I am so weak. It has taken me so long to surrender teaching and financial security - and how I still love to nurse the worry about Eric....Today, I will keep in the front of me Joshua 1:9 "Haven't I commanded you - be strong and courageous". I know You are there to lend me strength and courage when I fall short. Today, I place all of those 'things' in Your hands and I lean on You. Yes.

My Daily Meditation
    Lord, I am a powerful witness to Your Grace. Help me to turn away from fear of 'what others might say' and stand up for You. I no longer teach in public schools, so that is no longer my built-in excuse...so today, I lean on You for strength as I follow You out loud - as I walk with you with giant sure steps, instead of this meek scurry - as I say the name of Jesus to former students out loud, instead of looking over my shoulder to see who might be down the hall. Let my heart be focused on You, not on things of this world. Amen

"I have been through some hard times in the past. Some were responded to well; others, not so much."

Ouch. Ya know Tom, for some reason, reading this, I feel I need to sit at some point today with my pencil and journal and write down some specifics about this in my life. hmmmm - self-reflection - thank you for writing this!