Thread: Hello from Kansas

Default Hello from Kansas

Hello everyone.

My name is Brad. I & my family live in Winfield KS. My family is considering looking for church home in the Wichita area.

Of course, our first critera is finding a church with solid Biblical teaching.

We would also like to find a place where we can continue to serve on a worship team.

So until God guides us, I'm here to check in & chat with like-minded folks.

Thanks for having me.

Welcome to TWC, Brad. Glad to have you. Make yourself at home here. And God bless your search for a new place to grow and serve.
    Tom

When I try to edit my post above, I get a response that says "Stack overflow at line:9"

Am I doing it right?

Sorry to be troublesome so soon

You should be able to click Edit Post, do your edit and hit Save. There have been a few newbies who have had problems with posts at the beginning. Try again, and if you still have problems, send an email to editor@theworshipcommunity.com and Russ will fix it for you.
    Tom

Welcome, Brad!! Hope you find everything you see here valuable to your growth and identity as a worship leader. I have family in Shawnee Mission; so roughly 3 hours northeast of you.

As you're looking for a new church, may I share the same advice my prior worship leader gave me. Make seeking the Holy Spirit in a church the first priority. Then, the Holy Spirit will place you instead of you looking for a role to fill. It takes the pressure off, and you allow the Holy Spirit to place you. Since the HS never contradicts himself in scripture, he'll take you to a place where the scriptures are alive more than just taught well. :-) Hope that made sense.

I'm praying for you and your family during this transition phase. Keep us posted so we may encourage you! Many blessings to you and your family!!!!
    Melanie Siewert, Christ's Servant
    BLOG: http://www.worshipvanguard.blogspot.com

Hi Brad,

I'm seven miles south in Ark City. Been on here for years and have been leading worship for Destiny Ministries in Ark CIty for 15 years. Glad you're in the area.

Jeff
    Music Teacher, Plainville Schools
    Plainville, KS
    [url]www.usd270.net[url]
    [url]forte.musicteachershelper.com[url]