Thread: Day Five: Live Courageously

Default Day Five: Live Courageously

Today's study marks the half-way point of this study.

Central Passages
    1 Chronicles 28:20 *
    Genesis 15:1 *
    Deuteronomy 20:3-4 *
    2 Chronicles 20:17 *
    Jude 1:20
    Acts 27 *
    Luke 8:22-25 *

My Daily Response

My Daily Meditation
    1 Peter 2:9
    Servant's Creed, stanza 3
    Psalm 63:3-4

Central Passages

This day was all about letting go of our fear to invest 100% of our gift with God. He gave it to us; by investing it fully, it is his faithfulness that will cause the growth, not our shrewdness in handling it. If we hold back from investing it all in him, we are being disobedient.

The two servants in the Matt. 25 story risked everything, and gained 100%. The third risked nothing, and was disqualified from being a servant. The question, then, is, Am I going to be willing to risk everything with his gift to me, or will I hold back and disqualify myself?

My DailyResponse

If the giftedness I identified in Thursday's study are my areas of giftedness, , it will in part mean that God will have to open some doors that currently aren't open. For one, i will make myself available; for the other, I will get busy writing and see if a door opens for someone to come alongside me.

My Daily Meditation

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." 1 Peter 2:9

In serving Christ through serving men
    His praise I will proclaim.

Lord God, there is a lot about these last two days' studies that are still unclear to me. Be pleased, Lord, to shine some light on these things; illumine my heart so I can be equipped to invest my gift 100% for your glory.

Tom