Thread: Can you provide feedback on my song?

Default Can you provide feedback on my song?

Hey all,

I was wondering if you could help my out by listening to my song and providing feedback. The recording isn't the greatest but I did the best with what I had. I could only record in 16 bit and my interface has a hum but I went ahead and completed the song. I'm very interested in opinions regarding the theology of the song, chord progression, vocals, etc..

Here is the link:
    http://soundcloud.com/andrew_gonzalez/hallelujah

Let me know what you think!

-AJ

Can you post the words here and maybe on soundcloud. It is much easier to follow if there are words to read. Thanks,
    Tom

Default Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe a Worshiper View Post
    Can you post the words here and maybe on soundcloud. It is much easier to follow if there are words to read. Thanks,
    Tom
    Here you go!

Hallelujah

Verse 1
    Mighty counselor, prince of peace
    Your majesty covers everything
    Purchased by the blood of your holy son
    The darkness flees as the people sing

Chorus
    Hallelujah, hallelujah
    Hallelujah, hallelujah

Verse 2
    Mighty conqueror, precious King
    Your mercy covers everything
    We’re forgiven now, we cast down our crowns
    With jubilee, let the people sing

Chorus

Bridge

We come to praise your holy name
    Ignite our hearts with your holy flame

Hey AJ,

There is quite a bit I am liking about this tune... it's simplicity lyrically is nice. I enjoyed your vocal! I am liking most of the synth stuff in the background, especially that high chimey sound doing the arpeggios ... The sudden stops in a few spots was a bit unexpected/awkward for me. The beat reminds me of One Republic's "Apologize"... what are you using for the drums?

Also, for future reference, we have a special forum section for sharing originals that may get you more feedback if posted there:

Song Originals - Forum
    Song Collaboration & Originals:
    My SoundCloud Profile

I also think this song fully produced could have a ton of dynamic possibilities... For example, I could hear a large choir singing the chorus with all the harmony parts in it and even the sound of a choir clapping to the beat. I also hear very smooth bass guitar slides at the breaks (ie: 0:42, 0:56)... kind of like what you do when you roll down in to verse 2. I think a nice fresh acoustic guitar would sound really sweet in here to.
    Song Collaboration & Originals:
    My SoundCloud Profile

Quote Originally Posted by pian0dude View Post
    Hey AJ,

There is quite a bit I am liking about this tune... it's simplicity lyrically is nice. I enjoyed your vocal! I am liking most of the synth stuff in the background, especially that high chimey sound doing the arpeggios ... The sudden stops in a few spots was a bit unexpected/awkward for me. The beat reminds me of One Republic's "Apologize"... what are you using for the drums?

Also, for future reference, we have a special forum section for sharing originals that may get you more feedback if posted there:

Song Originals - Forum
    Thanks for the feedback! The first drum beat is a kick and tom from the tr-808 drum kit. The second drum beat is from the ambient kit off a motif.

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by pian0dude View Post
    I also think this song fully produced could have a ton of dynamic possibilities... For example, I could hear a large choir singing the chorus with all the harmony parts in it and even the sound of a choir clapping to the beat. I also hear very smooth bass guitar slides at the breaks (ie: 0:42, 0:56)... kind of like what you do when you roll down in to verse 2. I think a nice fresh acoustic guitar would sound really sweet in here to.
    That's very interesting. I'll be adding a female vocal part this weekend. I like the choir idea. I'll give it a shot and see how it sounds. My only worry is that it may sound "over the top" but we'll see.