Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In-Ear Monitors - your opinions?

It has been sitting on my desk for over a week. Haven't had the time to set it up and try it. I'm still trying to figure a way to make them where I can get the UM buds in and out of the molds. My personal set would be fine in a more semi-permanent result but I'm ultimately testing for team use on buds that have to stay in rotation.
    Travis Paulding,
    Production & Technology Director, St. Simons Community Church
    www.sscommunitychurch.com
    twitter.com/tpaulding

Quote Originally Posted by dtpuga View Post
    It has been sitting on my desk for over a week. Haven't had the time to set it up and try it. I'm still trying to figure a way to make them where I can get the UM buds in and out of the molds. My personal set would be fine in a more semi-permanent result but I'm ultimately testing for team use on buds that have to stay in rotation.
    You should be able to just wiggle them out.. Mine were relatively easy to get out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of the LiveWires/ Fidelity (manufactured in the same facility, but LiveWires is a much better company to deal with) in-ears. I have the triples and they sound great. I have had a few minor issues with the cable, but they are pretty cheap and easy to replace. If there are custom-fit westones in your range, I would say they are a well-proven company, and several of their people are involved in worship leading.

I actually ordered another radians kit, as I kind of rushed my first ones, and they didnt turn out that great.. so as I'm typing this message, i've got the mold material in my ears, and am waiting for it to dry.. i hate the noises it makes!!!

Chris, I was so fascinated by this idea, I ordered a set decent earbuds and a Radians kit from Amazon. It's well worth trying.

Did you put the buds in before you did the mold? And drill the hole after? In other words, can I ask what your process was?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeymo1741 View Post
    Chris, I was so fascinated by this idea, I ordered a set decent earbuds and a Radians kit from Amazon. It's well worth trying.

Did you put the buds in before you did the mold? And drill the hole after? In other words, can I ask what your process was?
    Yes, I put in the ear buds first.. It allows me to make sure they are 100% in the right place.. My first pair I put the mold I first, and the earbuds ended up in the wrong place. Used them on Sunday with my new wireless monitor,. It was perfect... The seal is so sound proof that an old guy in church actually scared me, as he came up behind me and hit my arm.. I had no idea he was there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123