Thread: Really Need Your Prayers

Default Really Need Your Prayers

For over a year now I have really felt called to my first love, which is leading worship. I'm currently working in a full time youth ministry position (6 years now), and leading worship as a volunteer, but have been feeling like God is calling me into full time worship.

It took me a long time to talk to my boss about it, a few weeks ago I said some things that kind of hinted that I'm praying about change, but didn't really say anything about it.. But today he told me that he felt God tell him that he needs to release me... Just to let me do what I feel I need to do, he doesn't want me to leave, and he's made that very clear, but he sees that I'm not as excited about youth ministry as I use to be..

I'm still not in any kind of place where I'm going anywhere.. I do feel God calling for the change, but I don't have any direction in that.. And I think I should probably stick this one out until the school year is over.. So I've got some time... But I need God to be really clear.. My wife and I pray a lot about it, and are feeling the same about it, but we just need to know where God is calling us.

It was a big weight off my shoulders today when my boss told me that I'm not bound to my position, so that was a step in the right direction.. I now just need to know where God is calling me... So please pray for clarity! Also I know some of you on here personally know me.. If you do.. I'm still keeping this very quite until I figure out what God is saying, so if you want to talk about it, keep it in private messages please!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by chrisburke; 09-16-2011 at 08:17 AM.

I just did what is possibly the scariest thing I've ever done in my life... I handed in my resignation for a steady job with a steady paycheck... for the unknown..

Wow, man! God bless and keep you! I did the same thing in 2007. I left a good paying job with Pepsi to return to school and to pay my bills I taught music instruction privately. I examined my circumstances and saw that if I could keep between 20-25 students that I could eek out a living and survive until I finished my degree. I left it in His hands. I never had a month where I had under 40 students from the time I started. MOST of the year, I had the pleasure of teaching 60-70 students of all ages and on many different instruments. Not only did I survive, God prospered me! May He bless, hold, and guide you through your journey. Be strong and courageous!

Well.. Here's a follow up... I've gone 4 months of applying, with some interest, but no interviews.. This week, I have 2 interviews.. 1 is a full time worship gig, pretty excited about that.. The other I'd rather not say much about until it's flushed out.. But its also pretty cool.. But not full time.. It's a job that, at this time, I'd still likely have to find a full time gig, as I'm not sure of the pay.. Really it's not an interview, so much as a "let's hammer out the details and get it running"..

If you can especially pray for the Tuesday interview, that would be great.. It's a church, in the states, that contacted me.. I've heard that getting a religious visa (I'm in Canada) is pretty easy.. So I'm confident on that.. The thing I'm worried about is my wife.. I don't know what the church pays yet, but there's a chance she may have to work, meaning she'll need a visa too.. Which might not be as easy.

I know God will take care of us, as he always does.. Just pray 1. That if it's where God wants me, I get the job... And 2. That the little details get worked out too.

Thanks in advance!

I'll get in agreement with that- praying it pans out

Well.. Keep praying.. Heard back from a church I was pretty confident in, and I didn't get the job..as of june1 I no longer work for YFC, just my part time church job..and i also have no home.. On may 1 I gave my 30 notice,as I felt it was a step closer to trusting God.. Pretty gloomy today, and trying really hard to stay positive and trusting.. It's just getting really stressful

I handed in my resignation for a steady job with a steady paycheck.
    These shorter and lighter ladies' sexy lingerie sale pieces were definitely sexy.