Thread: Good (biblically based) books on the topic of worship

Default Good (biblically based) books on the topic of worship

I'm looking for some suggestions to add to my reading list of books on worship to deepen my own understanding. I'm not really wanting someone's supposings or musings nor a "how-to" book but more a "why-we-do" philosophy of worship type writing based on the Scriptures. I'm also open to other resources, knowing that I frequently will do a video search for a topic and find a trusted speaker on the issue and the watch or listen to that via internet while doing things around the house (for instance: google -Ravi Zacharias - atheism). Thanks!

Worship And Music Ministry by Rick Ryan & Dave Newton.

It is excellent.

-mark <><

Worship Matters.

Best one I've read.

I ordered the bottom one. I couldn't find Worship & Music Ministry. Wanna sell yours? LOL j/j

Quote Originally Posted by Moosicman View Post
    I ordered the bottom one. I couldn't find Worship & Music Ministry. Wanna sell yours? LOL j/j
    I've found that a great place to seek out old (and not so old) books is here

-mark <><

I recommend Dwayne Moore's book "Pure Praise" We have twice doen a group study of this book here on TWC. Great book on worship.

I replied to this last night, but it seems the link I put in the post to the book I'm recommending on Amazon got my post cut. So, here it is without the link, in its entirety:
    I'm currently studying worship at Spring Arbor University, and I could suggest a whole pile of books, depending on what you really want to learn about. Most of them are on the academic side, written by theologians with a PhD rather than the trendiest worship leader who wrote the latest hit song.
    One that is a pretty easy read (as academic books go) is written by Dr. Keith Drury, who teaches at Indiana Wesleyan University. It's called "The Wonder of Worship: Why We Worship the Way We Do"
    If you can narrow your topic a bit ... like music for worship etc. I can suggest more books.

~S

Quote Originally Posted by hitchface View Post
    Worship Matters.

Best one I've read.
    I second that. I'm still actually in the process of reading it, but it's been really good.

For what its worth, I posted my top 10 favorite books on worship here: http://www.brandongilliamonline.com/...-ive-read.html

Enjoy!