Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Presentation Software - Cloud Based

Default Presentation Software - Cloud Based

Spoiler alert. I'm part of the Proclaim team that is bringing this product to the church here soon in the spring of 2011. So, take that as you may when reading this. I thought I would post some details here for my friends who might be interested in the matter and give me some feedback too. The site is located here: PROCLAIM (click here) and gives you quick video look at what the product will be all about.

I don't want to self promote here, but thought there is not better place to get worship leader feedback and insight than on theworshipcommunity.com
    Let me know what you think.
    Thanks,
    Matt

Default Proclaim

This looks great! I'd love to get a free trial copy when it releases. I'm guessing all computers will need Windows 7 with Cloud for this?

Looks sweet, for sure.
    Founder, TheWorshipCommunity.Com
    My Blog:

Blog & Music: www.fredmckinnon.com
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/fmckinnon

Looks pretty solid. I wonder how it stacks up in terms of other features. This is kinda like Google Wave meets presentation software, which ain't half bad as far as ideas go.

And since you wanted feedback, I'd like to throw a few questions at you. I know the trial is coming and all, but my curiosity doesn't like waiting

Is cloud-based storage the main thrust of this software, or does it just so happen to be a sweet feature among a great variety of sweet features?

Will presentations be editable by multiple parties simultaneously?

What kind of import options are there for video/audio/PPT/etc?

Have you guys n gals settled on a license price?

Is this geared towards "operators"? By that I mean...in 5 minutes of training, can someone plunk down and use it without worry?

And lastly...system requirements?

I understand if your hands are tied in terms of these questions. If the answers are "Many more features, yes, full import capability, under 500 bucks, operator and artist friendly and runs on a 386", you have a new customer Ok, kidding about the 386.
    Last edited by hitchface; 01-18-2011 at 08:06 PM.

I agree with everyone else - this looks cool and promising!

Does the actual program run from the cloud? Or does it just use the web to pull the content in? I think I'd get a little nervous about trusting an online only solution when push comes to shove.
    Eric Frisch
    www.ericfrisch.com

Hey Barry,
    You will not need windows 7 for this. I'l try to answer the other questions in the forum, but for a quick overview you will connect to your presentation through a Proclaim application.
    ~Matt

Hello Hitchface,
    We are working on simultaneous editing, but this feature will not release out of the gate. There will be upload ability for all content types. The Pricing is not being released yet, but it will be a cost based on church size. The 'ease of use' factor is very high and my plans are that you will be able to train any volunteer in a few minutes. I'll post the system requirements soon. Great questions. Thanks

EFrisch,
    Don't be nervous! We are pulling content in through a Proclaim application that will sit on your computer. This is the same application you will use to run the presentation, which you can fully cache before service starts.
    ~Matt

Awesome! Thank you so much for your responses! This is getting me pretty excited. Our church is in desperate need of something other than PowerPoint, and so far you've got all the right answers.

It is worth mentioning that my blog is now loaded with info on the giveaway, too. I really enjoy checking out the companies that are offering prizes.
    Last edited by hitchface; 02-23-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Update:
    Again, I work for Proclaim.

Proclaim has released and can be downloaded from ProclaimOnline.com for free. To go 'On Air' you purchase a license which starts at just $10 per month for churches that have less than 100 weekly attendees.

I'd love to know what you guys think here on the TheWorshipCommunity.com. Thanks for your insight!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast