Thread: Day 5: Week 9 (Stay Fruitful)

Default Day 5: Week 9 (Stay Fruitful)

WOW! It's the last day of the study. These nine weeks have flown by! Don't forget to submit a Pure Praise summary in email form or text document to editor@theworshipcommunity.com. Here are the tips to remember as you compose your summary:

• Shorter paragraphs work better than long
    • Bullet lists work amazingly well.
    • Sections with headings work great.
    • Extremely lengthy posts are less likely to be read all the way through.
    • Numbered posts (and titles) generate interest. For example: "9 Things I Learned Doing Pure Praise Study"

Week 9: KEEP FRUITFUL

Central Passages:
    2 Chronicles 20:1-30
    Psalm 92:14
    2 Timothy 1:2
    2 Timothy 2:1-2
    1 Peter 2:5
    Psalm 90
    John 4:35
    Matthew 16:24
    Luke 12:48

Daily Praise:
    Congratulations! We made it to the mountaintop and back! Praise God out loud right now! Don't stop this praise time until your heart has deliberately and joyfully given God the praise that is due Him! He is unfathomably worthy!

Daily Surrender:
    "If anyone desires to come after me, let him deny himself, and take up the cross and follow me." (Matthew 16:24)

Write out a prayer surrendering the rest of your life to God now.
    Melanie Siewert, Christ's Servant
    BLOG: http://www.worshipvanguard.blogspot.com

Last day. This trip through was harder for me than the first time. I think it was primarily because I was reminded regularly that truths I had already been taught had been set aside. Nevertheless, it has been a good reminder, and has provided the kick-in the-posterior that I needed to get back on track.

Central Passages
    One of the best things about this study has been the fact that each day's lesson was bathed in scripture. There was never a premise presented that did not have a scriptural basis.
    Today's final lesson was no exception.

In thinking about mentors, I have been mentored on at least two occasions. The first, shortly after my adult conversion, with a college student as my mentor! The second was a worship leader who taught me how to lead music.

If you read my post from yesterday, where I talked about my dad, he has asked me to mentor him as he tries to get his spiritual life back on track. I feel so unworthy.

One of the biggest failures of the 20th Century Church was it's abandonment of the Great Commission. So we have 2 or 3 generations missing out of the plan Jesus set in place to reach the world. There does seem to be some turn-around going on now; more and more churches are making personal evangelism a high priority .
    I know that for me, when my love for the Lord becomes what it should be, talking to unbelievers about him will be easier to do.

My Daily Praise
    God, I thank you for the way you chose to save humanity. I thank you that I can have a part in that. I praise you for what I have re-learned these past nine weeks. Thank you for the commitments I have made.

My Daily Surrender

Lord Jesus, my cross is waiting . You have told me I am to take it up daily and follow you. I cannot truly follow you without taking up my cross.
    I surrender to you everything that I am carrying, so I can take up my cross. Amen

On the final day of the 2009 Pure Praise, I wrote in my prayer, "Take, me, use me, fill me; let me overflow with your love. And let that overflow be the water of life for those who do not know your ways."

A couple days later, I took those words and wrote the first song I put on TWC. Fellow songwriter, Eddy Mann took the words and put them to music. He has done the song several times in his church. Here is a link to his church band doing "Overflow."
    YouTube - Overflow

Tom

Default Keep Fruitful

1. Central Passage
    - Wow - the last day!! I know I wasn't able to finish with the rest of you, but I finished!! As I think about my spiritual journey, I am so thankful to the people in my life who pointed me in the right direction. My parents, siblings, Sunday School teachers, youth pastors, college friends, professors, and so many others had a huge impact on who I am today! But, I have so far to go! It was so encouraging to hear of modern-day mentors like Dan Cathy and others. What a gift! I can so clearly see the importance of having a mentor, as well as mentoring others.

2. My Daily Praise
    - Lord, may everyone around me see praise flowing from me! As I'm praising Him, the song I have playing is also extolling Your praises! How appropriate! You are so worthy of all my praise! Thank You for what You've taught me through this study!

3. My Daily Surrender
    - We are now required to live out what we have learned and to tell what we've experienced - through praise that is more powerful and pure! Lord, I surrender all to You! I don't want this book to just be something I read and then forget. Let me now teach these principles to others, and may my praise of You be changed. Thank you!!

Thank you all for going through this journey together! It has been great to read your responses, joys and struggles. Thank you, Dwayne, for the wonderful gift that is this book!! Praise God!

Central Passages:
    Wow! This journey has been amazing! Nine weeks flew by so fast. The study gave me a lot to think about and meditate on.

Daily Praise:
    Lord, I do see people who need to hear of your goodness. May your Spirit radiate in me so that they may see genuine worship and passionate praise.

Daily Surrender:
    Lord, I still struggle with discernment between “days are short; don’t delay” and “be anxious for nothing.” As much as I realize the days are short, I also realize you are patient with us. You desire we also be patient with others. I want my “evangelism” to overflow out of a heart that bursts forth with your presence as opposed to my self-will. My body is a living sacrifice to do with it as you please. Grant me the wisdom to discern between my “pick myself up by the bootstraps” attitude and being empowered by your Holy Spirit. Father, I know love is the most important thing. If I do not love others, how will they see you in me? May your love radiate in me so they will see YOU!
    Melanie Siewert, Christ's Servant
    BLOG: http://www.worshipvanguard.blogspot.com

Central Passage

Well, I'm the last one in, but I've finally finished the race. I guess part of me put off the last day because I didn't want the study to end. Honestly, I can say it's been life changing for me. Yesterday evening was the first Wed. evening service after a month long break, and I was able to lead in a truer, more passionate way. Before the service, I asked the Holy Spirit to fill me. I prayed for the service, and asked for prayer for a need. I remembered the words "impress, inspire, instruct, illuminate". I let go of pretense and worshipped Him deeply from behind the keyboard.
    And just a huge surge of thankfulness came over me, and is still with me now. I am so thankful for what I've learned, because now I can turn and pour it out to others.

Daily Praise

My husband is the one who taught me and loved me and shared the Gospel with me. We weren't married at the time. I still remember when I prayed the prayer. Even before him there were those that took the time to share the love of God-childhood friends, my best girlfriend, my cousin. Thank you, God, for these you have sent, and who were obedient to your will. I can't truly express how much these people mean to me. I pray that I can be like that in another's life...whether or not I am able to see the fruit of my efforts, let me be obedient to your will.

Daily Surrender

I am yours, God. Take me and use me as you will. Daily I will strive to push myself aside and allow you to lead. May the Holy Spirit fill me daily. Help me to listen to your voice. I say yes, Lord, yes!
    All that hath life and breath, praise ye the Lord!
    In His Name,
    Kim

http://soundcloud.com/inhisname