Would appreciate any song suggestions (or other creative worship element) related to giving/being a generous giver to do as an offertory special.
I ran a series of queries off the CCLI database, using lyrics-based and theme-based terms, to best exemplify what I suppose you would be looking for.
I then spot-checked the results, and from the results picked those songs that I believed best worked.
That said, one of my own songs made the list, so I put it up front, so you could check it out for yourself. I wouldn't have included it if I hadn't received word about this being used in other churches, but since I have, I felt it was only appropriate that you be made aware of its effectiveness. (It's a parody song, and you can hear the song on iTunes, or from my website at www.nickalexander.com).
The rest of these songs, I believe, also can work. Let me know!
1. Tithe After Tithe (3484113) by Alexander, Nick
2. I Give You My Heart (1866132) by Morgan, Reuben
3. Offering (3956562) by Baloche, Paul
4. We Bring The Sacrifice Of Praise (9990) by Dearman, Kirk
5. Alabaster Jar (4887630) by Neese, Zach/Beach, Walker
6. Nothing Without You (4442453) by Norman, Bebo/Goskie, Mitch Dane
7. We Are An Offering (16220) by Liles, Dwight
8. I Will Offer Up My Life (1083764) by Redman, Matt
9. I Will Not Forget You (2694306) by Pasley, Ben/Pasley, Robin
10. Offering (4027184) by Powell, Mac/Carr, David/Anderson, Tai/Avery, Brad/Lee, Mark D.
11. Lay It Down (5137554) by Maher, Matt/Brown, Brenton
12. A Fragrant Offering (1989438) by Springer, Rita
13. My Offering (4495699) by Arnold, Anadara \ Cartee, Carl
14. Trust Try And Prove Me (25170) by Leech, Lida Shivers
15. What Can I Give Him (64753) by Cason, Don/Rossetti, Christina G.
16. What Gift Can We Bring (216549) by Marshall, Jane
Awesome, thanks Nick! I love Tithe after Tithe - brilliant!
I once wrote a worship song based on the 8th commandment which is basically a prayer that God would help us become better stewards of His blessings.
Here is a link to the song on my SoundClick page:
SoundClick artist: TheOldATrain - page with MP3 music downloads
Feel free to use it if you like it.
...a man of few words, all carefully chosen (hopefully)