Thread: Switched from Media Shout to Pro Presenter?

Default Switched from Media Shout to Pro Presenter?

If you've made the switch from Media Shout to Pro Presenter:

1. What motivated the switch?

2. What's better now that you're on Pro Presenter?

3. What's worse?

4. Any additional advice?
    Travis Jones
    I hold myself in contempt your honor. Why should you be any different.
    -- Fletcher Reede

There's no comparison. We made the switch about a year ago. Once you get past the learning curve, you are going to love it. Everything ties together seamlessly. No draw backs at all other than having to train tour video guy.

I'm also interested in this. We're on Media Shout right now (not a big fan of it) and we're looking at switching to Pro Presenter.

I'm interested in getting ProPresenter for my Church. Want to know can it display on 2 screens with the iMac, or do I need to get a MacPro with a extra video card?

- charles.l.price@gmal.com

Charles,

You just use the mini-displayport on your iMac for your second output, and a USB adapter for your stage display.

You can do two screens with the same content using a distribution amp, or an extra wide image across 2 screens with the DualHead2Go adapter on that second output; and you can get a little variety on the two screens with the advanced module and the DualHead2Go.
    Last edited by ministry-tech; 02-16-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetCat View Post
    I'm also interested in this. We're on Media Shout right now (not a big fan of it) and we're looking at switching to Pro Presenter.
    Let me know if you'd like an online demo of ProPresenter 4.
    Bob Felton
    www.ministry-tech.net
    presentation software and hardware.

We made the switch primarily because of Mac. PP is much more simple than MS, but both do the job well. It really comes down to a PC/Mac decision, IMO.

Nate

Default MS 3.5 to PP 4

I just purchased my first MacBook Pro and have downloaded the demo of PP. Mediashout worked but Windows did not.
    I am struggling with the Lyrics. I think MS did this very well and it was simple. I must be missing something. How do I break up Verse 1 into two slides and how do I easily place the song in the order that they will play for the day? I do not see a way to place V1 in more than once. I know I will like this but the learning curve of Mac and PP is killing me! ; )

Any help is appreciated. I do thing PP4 has advanced features over that of MS.

We made the switch about four months ago in our main worship center and our two ancillary rooms. Our main issue was stability as MediaShout would have some sort of critical error every other week during our services....I don't think we've crashed with ProPresenter yet!

It does take a little while to get used to the interface but once you get a feel for it it's so much more intuitive than MediaShout.

Quote Originally Posted by chaskinsnc View Post
    I just purchased my first MacBook Pro and have downloaded the demo of PP. Mediashout worked but Windows did not.
    I am struggling with the Lyrics. I think MS did this very well and it was simple. I must be missing something. How do I break up Verse 1 into two slides and how do I easily place the song in the order that they will play for the day? I do not see a way to place V1 in more than once. I know I will like this but the learning curve of Mac and PP is killing me! ; )

Any help is appreciated. I do thing PP4 has advanced features over that of MS.
    Option/Return to put it on the second slide.
    Command/Option and click and drag the slide. That will copy it to the location you drag it to.

I recommend you go to Renewed Vision and watch their tutorials and then join their forums. There is all the information you will need to have a productive PP experience!
    Rocky Presley|Technical Director
    Milestone Church|Keller, TX
    worshipmerger.blogspot.com
    www.milestonechurch.com