Thread: ProPresenter Tips and Tricks?

Default ProPresenter Tips and Tricks?

Hello everyone a new member here. Been checking out all the post, great stuff. We just got an iMac to run ProPresenter, any of you using it, any tips or tricks to offer?

Yeah, don't upgrade! Seriously though, wait awhile before installing updates with Pro Presenter because they commonly create more bugs in the process. Wait a few months until they fix the bugs...
    Stephen Canfield
    Associate Pastor
    www.graceannarbor.com

Dan,
    In case you've not discovered it yet ... the "Apply to All" button is wonderful when formatting slides and songs!
    Founder, TheWorshipCommunity.Com
    My Blog:

Blog & Music: www.fredmckinnon.com
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/fmckinnon

I would not avoid the upgrades quite as ferociously. I am part of their testing group and updates to bugs usually take a matter of days to fix, not months. Renewed Vision is actually constantly working on upgrades and improvements, if you waited months at a time you would really never get caught up. Unfortunately, for people in that mentality, they do not post multiple versions available for download at one time. So whenever you DO decide to upgrade you will have to get the most recent version.

Anyway, read the upgrade/update feature reports. If it addresses an issue you need addressed, go for it. If not, wait a week or two just in case.

We have been using pro for 2 years now and I have only had it die on me once in a service, fortunately it wasn't actually IN USE at the time. It is very stable. Most of its "issues" rear their ugly head in set up and formatting, not in presentation.

Hope this helps!
    Travis Paulding,
    Production & Technology Director, St. Simons Community Church
    www.sscommunitychurch.com
    twitter.com/tpaulding

Default What about iWorship for macs?

I also use ProPresenter for our sanctuary, but I need to buy something new for my own use and I stumbled across a piece of software called iWorship. Do you guys know anything about it?

This may not be the place for this but just wanting to get some feedback before I drop a chunk of money.

Stephen,

I understand your hesitation to jump into a new version; however, I have been a dealer for several software products during transition to a new version, and I'm convinced that Renewed Vision has done the best job of beta testing to ensure the release of version 4 would go off smoothly. Other than their crashed server from too much traffic to their site, it was one of the smoothest releases I've seen.

I've been beta testing right along, and they held the release until they had removed all "known" bugs and were certain there were no critical issues left . After release, there were only a handful (5-6) of minor things I saw posted in the forums that were verifiable bugs. That, in this business, is impeccable.

I would not hesitate recommending a move to Pro 4. In fact, I shipped out a triple-screen package including a new iMac to a church the day after the release, and I opted to install Pro 4 with no concerns about it being ready for them.
    Bob Felton
    www.ministry-tech.net
    presentation software and hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjane View Post
    I also use ProPresenter for our sanctuary, but I need to buy something new for my own use and I stumbled across a piece of software called iWorship. Do you guys know anything about it?

This may not be the place for this but just wanting to get some feedback before I drop a chunk of money.
    Are you talking about Integrity's iWorship? That isn't really software, just video files that you can play back in various software applications. But, yes, those are great. I use them often.

Or are you talking about the software by Renovatio?

IMHO iWorship by Renovatio is a cheap knock-off of ProPresenter. In fact, iWorship isn't even it's name, is it? that was the name for a brief spell between ProWorship (look familiar?) and Revolution. I've downloaded the trial and couldn't get it to run (kept crashing on me). Granted, I never tried to contact tech support, but if you check Renovatio Software :: Worship Solutions for Your Mac, you'll see that they aren't even offering the new product yet, and the old one is $499.
    Bob Felton
    www.ministry-tech.net

I just realized that this thread was really old. Probably talking about the release of ProPresenter 3.

Everything I said is still true, just out of context for the thread
    Bob Felton
    www.ministry-tech.net

Hi new here!
    Wondering if any o you guys know a way of timing slides in the prop section (must be in this section), I have 4 slides (lower thirds)with logos and some text and want to loop them during the whole event, I already use the go to next timer and loop to fist slide, but just wont make it work any suggestions???