Sponsor Ad:

No announcement yet.

Best Video Camera

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Video Camera

What is the best video camera to buy for quick and easy editing. Quick and easy are the key words. I need something that is compatible with all of the main editing software, that won't give me any problems.

most cameras are going to fall into that category. I'd suggest a "mini dv" camera made by one of the big names, Canon or Sony.

Practical Worship

Please Pray For My Wife

Unless you are trying to do the editing on the camera, I think you are actually looking for the easiest software. In which case most any camera is going to work to get you the video, then you'll need software for producing.
      I need pictures of your drummer in his booth/cage/room http://drummersbehindglass.com

My church just bought the Panasonic HVX200. It records in P2(DvcproHD) and is brilliant, 24p. Premiere Pro CS4 loves it. Only problem being P2 packages are so expensive so we bought a Firestore, which is a HDD that attaches to the HVX.
        we also just bought the Canon 7d, brilliant! A bit pricey though.
        The Panasonic HMC150 is also really nice, I've been using it alot lately, only about $3,000. AVCHD, really small file size, incredible quality.

Although I wouldn't go DV tape, for the reason of being "quick & easy", going solid state saves you all of that capture time.

But really "quick & easy" depends on your software, your experience, and your computer.
        What are you editing with (Computer/software)?
        Last edited by Nathan Hamblin; 05-05-2010, 02:49 AM.

The Panasonic image is beautiful, no doubt. The P2 cards and readers are a bit pricey. I recently purchased a field kit using the JVC HM700 and 100 models. They shoot on High Capacity SD cards and use a $10 card reader, furthermore, they can record in native Final Cut Studio format. From what I can tell, this is absolutely the easiest way to getting from shooting to an end product.

well what is your price range? are you making movies? because, some of the cheap cameras do just as well at the bigger movie cameras. i had to use a cheap camera for a production and it was not as bad as i thought it would be. cheap dose not always mean bad or crap. just research the product well, read reviews and ask filmmakers that have used it. i would love to get a 3,000 dollar camera but i just don't have the money right now. its all up to you in the end.

I would look into DSLR unless you are willing to spend over $6k. Canon 5d and 7d are great cameras that record HD and have amazing depth of field. The JVC HM700 is a good camera. We have 3, but have found that for field shooting, the Canon is a much easier instrument to wrangle. Editing is as easy as transferring files into your editing platform. Our next step is the Panasonic AF-100. I am very excited about this camera because it gives us the narrow depth of field and similar handling of a DSLR and the functionality of a traditional camcorder. We shoot allot of music videos, and it should shine in that scenario.