Show your pedal board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show your pedal board

I'm interested in seeing what pedal board setups others are using. I usin a digitech RP350 right now which I absolutely despise!!!! Just wanted to get some ideas about what I want to build. Feel free to include pictures and a description of the order you're running it in.
    Thanks!
    Tim
    Last edited by Tim.Crook; 06-23-2008, 06:12 PM. Reason: Mispell in the title

Yes. I'd like to see what y'all have, too. I'm a n00b when it comes to electric. Show me the goods.

Comment

Since there hasn’t been a lot of response to this thread, I’ll go. This is a pic of my board at the sanctuary, and you have one guess where I got the stuff to replace the black material originally in the bottom of the case. The chain is as follows: American Deluxe Strat > Barber Tone Press compressor > Barber Tone Pump 2 channel OD > Visual Sound Visual Volume > Visual Sound H2O Chorus/Echo > Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus > Jacques Prisoner Analog Delay > Boss GigaDelay > Planet Waves Chromatic Tuner > Fender Pro Junior amp. A Visual Sound One Spot powers the entire board and the little silver box at the corner of the floor monitor is a homebuilt tap tempo pedal for the GigaDelay.

All this will be changing sometime soon, I’ve just got a Pedaltrain Pro pedalboard and a 3 loop Loop-Master switcher is on the way. I just though the matching carpet pic was too cool not to post. I’ll probably use this case to make a setup specific for my acoustic guitar.

Kevin

Kevin

Comment

Hey Kevin - the picture of the carpet is priceless!!

Does running your signal through the tuner affect the tone at all?

Comment

Ok here is my pedal board:

Right now it is setup kinda weird, like, EQ normally is where my LPB-1 is right now, but, I had to do the arpeggio for Creed "With Arms Wide Open" last weekend and I couldn't get clean enough tones without it pre-distortion for some reason. Anyway, it's nothin special but it works.
          Last edited by stephen_can_man; 06-23-2008, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfromcanada View Post
            Hey Kevin - the picture of the carpet is priceless!!

Does running your signal through the tuner affect the tone at all?
            Not that I can tell, and that was really the only place to stick it without moving everything else around. It's true bypass, so when it's off, it should be just a straight wire connection. When you're tuning, the output is muted. The volume pedal has a tuner out though, so when I move over to the pedaltrain board, that's probably where it will go and then it will be completely out of the signal chain.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by stephen_can_man View Post
              Ok here is my pedal board:

Right now it is setup kinda weird, like, EQ normally is where my LPB-1 is right now, but, I had to do the arpeggio for Creed "With Arms Wide Open" last weekend and I couldn't get clean enough tones without it pre-distortion for some reason. Anyway, it's nothin special but it works.
              How does that boss acoustic simulator work for you? Are you running it to your amp or to the PA?
              Last edited by Tim.Crook; 06-23-2008, 06:11 PM. Reason: Removed the pic in the quote

Comment

It has two outputs, one for the PA and another for the signal to pass through unaffected. I actually plug it into the same DI as my Taylor. The only problem is the EQ on the board. It would actually be better if it had a separate channel on the board. When the AC-3 is on, it sends the signal to the PA, when it is off, the signal passes through the pedal unaffected to the next pedal in the chain.

To tell the truth, the pedal sounds pretty crappy. But, when I have to do it all myself it comes in handy in a pinch.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen_can_man View Post
                  It has two outputs, one for the PA and another for the signal to pass through unaffected. I actually plug it into the same DI as my Taylor. The only problem is the EQ on the board. It would actually be better if it had a separate channel on the board. When the AC-3 is on, it sends the signal to the PA, when it is off, the signal passes through the pedal unaffected to the next pedal in the chain.

To tell the truth, the pedal sounds pretty crappy. But, when I have to do it all myself it comes in handy in a pinch.
                  Yeah, I tested one out at a local shop and just wasn't very satisfied w/ the sound. I was hoping that maybe it was just the amp I was playing thru, but if going thru the PA doesn't make it any better, then I guess the only answer for true acoustic sound is an acoustic, lol

Comment

It's right in the middle of a "redesign." I need to finish the second bypass looper to control the upper tier and clean up the wires.

Comment

Great idea! I really like seeing other people's pedal boards, and the ones pictured above are awesome.

The setup is Epiphone Sheraton Hollowbody > Barber Tone Press > Ernie Ball Volume > Cusack Screamer Overdrive > Cusack Tilt-A-Whirl > Electro-Harmonix Small Stone Phaser > Line 6 DL4 > Holier Grail Reverb > 70's Fender Bassman > Weber Mass Attenuator > Matchless Cabinet

Putting the compressor before the volume pedal is a recent attempt to have greater control over sustain and feedback. Without high volume levels, it's hard to have good-sounding feedback. Any advice on this is appreciated!

Also, I can't recommend the Tap-A-Whirl enough. It's one of the few analog tap-tremelo pedals out there (at least when I did research last year), which is helpful when leading worship, since bending down to adjust pedals is distracting.

Comment

Well, my gear set up has changed... my friend who lent me everything just moved and took it all back. But I just got a Peavey T-60 guitar and a VOX Cambridge 15 amp.

so now I have T-60 > original crybaby > Vox Amp

I might be getting a TS9 Tube Screamer, but I need to find out if my friend is going to get rid of his. Other than that I am stuck...

if any of you are dumping pedals I always accept donations... LOL
                        Last edited by matreames; 09-16-2008, 11:31 PM.

Comment

My rig

Here's my current rig... I'm running either a PRS Custom 24 or an American Strat with Seymour Duncan Hot Rails into:

Budda Wah > Marshall ED-1 Compressor > Ibanez TS-9 > Fulltone OCD (v.3) > Fulltone Fulldrive 2 > Boss MT-2 > Keeley modded Boss DS-1 > Mesa Boogie V-twin > Fulltone Choralflange > Electro Harmonix Stereo Memory Man > Line 6 Echo Park > Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb > Qwiktune Tuner (to be replaced)

All that runs into a Sovtek Mig-50 head into a 1950's Silvertone 2x12 cab with Celestion Greenbacks.

Comment

My pedal board is in a redesign right now. About every three months I change a pedal or two, but I think I am pretty happy with my general setup. I will tell you the chain and post a pic soon....

PRS Tremonti SE with Seymour Duncan Sh-1's > Dunlop Volume/Wah (awesome pedal) > Boss TU2 > Boss CS-3 Mod (Monte Allums) > Ibanez TS-9 Mod (soon to be traded for a Boss Blues Driver for those Lincoln Brewster tunes) > ProCo Rat > Jekyl & Hyde > Boss Tremolo > MXR Phase 90 > Boss CH-1 Chorus Pedal > Line6 DL-4 > Fender Champ 12

I purchased the Champ 12 on ebay after borrowing a friends while my Blues Junior was in the shop. The clean channel on this amp is incredibly smooth and responds really well to my compressor. It has great sustain and keeps the bottom end fullness like a Class A amp should. Really, the only thing that sucks about this amp is the overdrive channel. For a low wattage clean amp this thing cant be beat, and all I use it for is clean tone for my pedals. The Blues Junior is going on Ebay.
                            Last edited by stephen_can_man; 11-14-2008, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Wow! there are some really nice boards out there! by comparison, I'm sure most of you all would find mine REALLY boring. I run two multi effects boxes into two direct boxes, and into the board. I run my Acoustic through a Korg AX3A, and my Electric through a Digitech RP 250. Both pedals rest on a pedal board built for me by my great-uncle seven years ago, just 6 months before he passed.

I will more than likely upgrade both boxes, but the pedal board is with me forever.

Smitty
                              Love ONE woman...MANY guitars!

www.davidsproblem.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X