Sponsor Ad:

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm getting a cello for use on the WT. Any recommended listening for inspiration?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting a cello for use on the WT. Any recommended listening for inspiration?

Hi. First post. Brief introduction: I've been playing EG since I was 16 (which is a little more than half my life at this point) and playing in church since about a year after that, also contributing sporadically on bass, tin whistle, recorder, vocals and banjo as well. I also studied Bible at university. twice.

Anyway, I'm getting an electric cello soon, mostly for use in church. I was wondering if anyone had musical recommendations for worship music that features cello so I could get some ideas about how to use it in that context. I mean, I already have some ideas, but it's always good to hear more.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ninjaaron; 06-05-2018, 08:46 AM.

Hi Ninjaaron,

Bethel have done some stuff with string arrangements. In particular, Brian and Jen Johnsons' recent album has a lot of string stuff that features cello. I think it is called After All These Years.

Hillsong have a couple of songs that feature cello/strings, eg. Oceans and Elohim.

Otherwise, check out Sons of Korah for something a little more eclectic and orchestral.

Let us know how you get on.

Warm regards,
    Steffie.

Comment

Originally posted by Steffie View Post
      Hi Ninjaaron,

Bethel have done some stuff with string arrangements. In particular, Brian and Jen Johnsons' recent album has a lot of string stuff that features cello. I think it is called After All These Years.

Hillsong have a couple of songs that feature cello/strings, eg. Oceans and Elohim.

Otherwise, check out Sons of Korah for something a little more eclectic and orchestral.

Let us know how you get on.

Warm regards,
      Steffie.
      Hi Steffie, Thanks for the response! I will listen to what you've suggested. I'm still saving a bit to buy the cello, but I will certainly report back once there is anything to report.

Comment

Working...
      X