Baptism Songs? By Wednesday?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baptism Songs? By Wednesday?

Yes, I am fully aware that this is last minute.

A married couple/members at our church has a grown son in the US Coast Guard. Any time he is in town, he attends service, participates in bible studies, etc. Praise God, he has made a profession of faith and will be baptized the next time he is in town!! Oh yea, the next time he is in town is THIS WEDNESDAY. As in 2 days.

HELP!

We are pulling together an impromptu service on Wednesday night to celebrate the start of his Journey. I am having a complete and total mental block on song choice. We typically use "Been Through the Water", but our preacher usually sings it - and at this point there is not anyone else available to learn that one by Wed.

Any suggestions on songs that would be great to accompany a baptism? We'd like to work to make this small, service special and memorable before he ships back out on Thursday. Something he will remember as he is out serving in a hard life.

Thanks!

If you have a copy of the Celebration Hymnal, there is a song called "Baptized in Water" to the tune of "Morning Has Broken," which was a popular song 20 or so years back.
    I can't think of any contemporary songs that speak to baptism.
    Tom

Comment

The River by Brian Doerksen

Comment

Down to the River to Pray - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbgfQ48hWuY

Comment

Happy Day by Tim Hughes
          All Who Are Thirsty by Brenton Brown
          Jesus Paid It All
          Nothing But the Blood by Matt Redman
          O the Blood by Gateway
          Nick Alexander
          Host, The Prayer Meeting Podcast
          Worship that is Contemporary, Traditional, Charismatic, Contemplative, Spontaneous, based on the Church calendar, play it whenever you want.
          Find out what Nick Alexander can do for your conference, retreat or workshop.

Comment

We had a baptism Sunday this past weekend at my church...our setlist below.

New Day
            Godís Grace
            My Chains are Gone
            My Deliverer
            God You Reign
            I Am Free
            Practical Worship

Please Pray For My Wife

Comment

Thanks guys! This was VERY helpful!

Comment

I know it is to late to help Jennifer, but to those who read this thread in the future... consider "I Was There To Hear Your Borning Cry."

Comment

Working...
                X